Reload this Page >

how much am i gonna earn?

how much am i gonna earn?

Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Android is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much am i gonna earn?

hey guys,

we're planning to move to NZ soon, so excited!! But there's something i wanna learn... I'm currently not living in U.K. now but when i was there my wages was good, i was earning almost £350-400 a week (i was a head barman) and not spending much...
But now i'm moving to NZ and i've got no idea about the wages in there. Well i really don't wanna work in a bar again but if i have to for a temporary work how much do you reckon i might earn a week? (btw i don't know if I'm gonna get paid weekly or not)
I'm actually a graphic designer, i've worked in the newspapers as a page editor, also studied photography. So how much do you reckon i might earn if i work in a newspaper or work as a photographer?

Also how much is enough to live a pleasant life, or at least to survive!!

Thanks...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: how much am i gonna earn?

Depends on where you live but about $50,000 p/a plus seems realistic to me....Some people can live on much less...But I reckon 50-80 is good in Auckland.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:31 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

yes it depends alo if you need a mortgage, you have kids etc etc.... my husband earns $75,000 we have two kids a small mortgage and we can still afford to do things....so as I say depends, but we know we have a good wage for NZ standards.

oh and btw I only do a couple of hours part time a week working in a college and thats pays $15.00 per hour and I know a friend who works in a bar and gets $16.00 per hour not bad hey
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.careers.govt.nz/default.aspx?id0=3

This an excellent site and will you an idea of what you can expect to earn in any given trade/profession.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hokey-pokey
http://www.careers.govt.nz/default.aspx?id0=3

This an excellent site and will you an idea of what you can expect to earn in any given trade/profession.
thank you so much guys.. that really helped.. i reckon it depends what kind of work you are doing... Pretty much the same thing with London...
any other comments are welcome...
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: how much am i gonna earn?

Hi there i found this on trademe which is nz version of ebay just not quite as flash lol but its a post someone put up asking people their hourly rate and what job they do its very interesting.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...eadid=26053989
Cheers
Cally

[QUOTE=Android;6687285]hey guys,

we're planning to move to NZ soon, so excited!! But there's something i wanna learn... I'm currently not living in U.K. now but when i was there my wages was good, i was earning almost £350-400 a week (i was a head barman) and not spending much...
But now i'm moving to NZ and i've got no idea about the wages in there. Well i really don't wanna work in a bar again but if i have to for a temporary work how much do you reckon i might earn a week? (btw i don't know if I'm gonna get paid weekly or not)
I'm actually a graphic designer, i've worked in the newspapers as a page editor, also studied photography. So how much do you reckon i might earn if i work in a newspaper or work as a photographer?

Also how much is enough to live a pleasant life, or at least to survive!!
Hi there i found this on trademe which is nz version of ebay just not quite as flash lol but its a post someone put up asking people their hourly rate and what job they do its very interesting.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...eadid=26053989
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

thank you for the reply guys.. really helped...now i'm looking forward to it.. That website was a good choice...