How Much???!!!!

Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:04 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation How Much???!!!!

I know I'm probably old enough to know better than to ask daft questions, and I may live to regret this one, but can anyone give us an idea of the cost of petrol at the mo?

When we were out last year there was a massive outcry from your average kiwi cos deisel was over a dollar a litre!!! (lucky buggers! 42p in english money at the time).

OH coming out for interviews next month and wants to get a 'big boys' toy' from Avis!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Much???!!!!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I know I'm probably old enough to know better than to ask daft questions, and I may live to regret this one, but can anyone give us an idea of the cost of petrol at the mo?

When we were out last year there was a massive outcry from your average kiwi cos deisel was over a dollar a litre!!! (lucky buggers! 42p in english money at the time).

OH coming out for interviews next month and wants to get a 'big boys' toy' from Avis!!
Currently $1.43 per litre for 91... but it has been up to $1.75 per litre and has come down again over the last month or so.
Petrol price is very volatile here, it can go up by 6c a litre from one day to the next so I don't think you can believe that it will stay at $1.43 for long.
It is ok for you to say only 42 p or whatever if you are travelling on pounds, but for those of us that earn NZ$ it is a very high price, to the point where large car sales are markedly down over the last year and car dealers are going out of business. The number of people using public transport is up. The tide is turning I think.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:34 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Currently $1.43 per litre for 91... but it has been up to $1.75 per litre and has come down again over the last month or so.
Petrol price is very volatile here, it can go up by 6c a litre from one day to the next so I don't think you can believe that it will stay at $1.43 for long.
It is ok for you to say only 42 p or whatever if you are travelling on pounds, but for those of us that earn NZ$ it is a very high price, to the point where large car sales are markedly down over the last year and car dealers are going out of business. The number of people using public transport is up. The tide is turning I think.

Prices in the UK have been pretty much the same. Its only been he last couple of weeks that ours have gone below a £1 a litre thanks mainly to a supermarket price war.

Does the price vary as much region to region a it seems to here these days? Apparently Northamptonshire is the most expensive place in the UK on average for petrol which is a real pain when you live in a village surrounded by A roads!!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:39 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Prices in the UK have been pretty much the same. Its only been he last couple of weeks that ours have gone below a £1 a litre thanks mainly to a supermarket price war.

Does the price vary as much region to region a it seems to here these days? Apparently Northamptonshire is the most expensive place in the UK on average for petrol which is a real pain when you live in a village surrounded by A roads!!!
There was an email doing the rounds when it hit over £1/litre, urging all drivers to boycott the biggest oil garage in a bid to force petrol down and another website that would search your area to find the cheapest! By a couple of pence, which if it was 12 miles further than your nearest I thought rather defeated the object!!

I guess a consideration in NZ would be how much fuel the large Japanese imports guzzle? Are they like a Range Rover/Grand Cherokee averaging 16 to the gallon? (Miles not Km) Interesting, not given it any thought until reading your post!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:52 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
There was an email doing the rounds when it hit over £1/litre, urging all drivers to boycott the biggest oil garage in a bid to force petrol down and another website that would search your area to find the cheapest! By a couple of pence, which if it was 12 miles further than your nearest I thought rather defeated the object!!

I guess a consideration in NZ would be how much fuel the large Japanese imports guzzle? Are they like a Range Rover/Grand Cherokee averaging 16 to the gallon? (Miles not Km) Interesting, not given it any thought until reading your post!

I know looking at the car adverts for NZ that focus size cars are becoming more popular over there. I think people are probably more wrapped up with keeping up with the Jones' over here that saving the ozone!! and lets face it public transport here is becoming less user friendly the higher the price of petrol goes. Our local bus service is 1 bus an hour that takes 45 minutes to get to the nearest town, so walking is not an option either
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:37 pm

I know looking at the car adverts for NZ that focus size cars are becoming more popular over there. I think people are probably more wrapped up with keeping up with the Jones' over here that saving the ozone!! and lets face it public transport here is becoming less user friendly the higher the price of petrol goes. Our local bus service is 1 bus an hour that takes 45 minutes to get to the nearest town, so walking is not an option either
You're lucky, ours is a bus to town 3 times a week!! Town is approximately 5 miles away! We have 2 cars - people carrier (there's 6 of us and 2 dobermans) and Summer Sex Toy convertible - which I am selling and can't wait to get rid of. It was a childish, expensive mistake!! We want to have just one 7 seater in NZ to be a bit more environmentally friendly (ozone hole et all) and desperate to relocate to civilisation - walking distance or bus or bike ride to amenities - been in the sticks/isolation too long now! Plus as the kids get older we just do more driving! Do they thank us - is a chocolate cricket bat in Australia of any use?!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:41 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

You're lucky, ours is a bus to town 3 times a week!! Town is approximately 5 miles away! We have 2 cars - people carrier (there's 6 of us and 2 dobermans) and Summer Sex Toy convertible - which I am selling and can't wait to get rid of. It was a childish, expensive mistake!! We want to have just one 7 seater in NZ to be a bit more environmentally friendly (ozone hole et all) and desperate to relocate to civilisation - walking distance or bus or bike ride to amenities - been in the sticks/isolation too long now! Plus as the kids get older we just do more driving! Do they thank us - is a chocolate cricket bat in Australia of any use?!

Tell me about it!! I've got a people carrier too that my hubbie and friends refer to as the bus cos its always loaded with kids (got 3). We've got used to the space and sitting up high now and not too sure I'd like to drive anything else. I'd like the Sex Toy option but somehow hubby always seem to land that roll of the dice!! You can tell who does most of the taxi runs in our house!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:47 pm

Tell me about it!! I've got a people carrier too that my hubbie and friends refer to as the bus cos its always loaded with kids (got 3). We've got used to the space and sitting up high now and not too sure I'd like to drive anything else. I'd like the Sex Toy option but somehow hubby always seem to land that roll of the dice!! You can tell who does most of the taxi runs in our house!!!!
I suffered 3 months during summer of having 2 kids in the back, roof down almost crying because of the wind!! I found the faster I went and the louder the music, the more pleasureable the experience and suprisingly I couldn't hear a thing!! Always wanted one, have one, not all they're cracked up to be, very uncomfortable to drive, now looking forward to not having to compete with the Joneses!

Although, am defo having personalised numberplate in NZ, soooo much cheaper than here and I always fanied something obnoxious!!

I Got It?
Love It?
Big I Am?
Bitch? etc, etc!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:51 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

I suffered 3 months during summer of having 2 kids in the back, roof down almost crying because of the wind!! I found the faster I went and the louder the music, the more pleasureable the experience and suprisingly I couldn't hear a thing!! Always wanted one, have one, not all they're cracked up to be, very uncomfortable to drive, now looking forward to not having to compete with the Joneses!

Although, am defo having personalised numberplate in NZ, soooo much cheaper than here and I always fanied something obnoxious!!

I Got It?
Love It?
Big I Am?
Bitch? etc, etc!!

Maybe you can get Fairy1!!!
Not sure where you search for them in NZ. Do they have a DVLA ??
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:54 pm

Maybe you can get Fairy1!!!
Not sure where you search for them in NZ. Do they have a DVLA ??
In light of how much we have to organise, that is an area I have researched!! Must get priorities right!

www.plates.co.nz !!!

Enjoy! Hours of fun, especially when you try the rude ones!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:00 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

In light of how much we have to organise, that is an area I have researched!! Must get priorities right!

www.plates.co.nz !!!

Enjoy! Hours of fun, especially when you try the rude ones!

Just had a quick look. They are sooooo much better than ours!! Sod the decorating tomorrow!!!