British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   How many of you move around BE to view blogs, articles , photos or other forums? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-many-you-move-around-view-blogs-articles-photos-other-forums-700213/)

BEVS Jan 11th 2011 9:13 pm

How many of you move around BE to view blogs, articles , photos or other forums?

I've been wondering how many of you move around the BE site outside of our cosy NZ forum . Do you have a read of the blogs or articles. Do you look at the photos or browse the other forums just for interest. For myself, I quite often go for a bit of a wander around the place.

It would be interesting to know. Not that I'm nosey or owt. :p

Jan n Neil Jan 12th 2011 12:12 am

Re: How many of you move around BE to view blogs, articles , photos or other forums?

I usually have a nosey on the return to UK one but it,s a bit depressing the main topics on there are how much can i claim and how soon can i get it, or my fav the country i have been in for the last 30 years won,t treat me so i,m coming "home"

Gets right on my tits :frown:

Neil

cappuccino Jan 12th 2011 12:16 am

Re: How many of you move around BE to view blogs, articles , photos or other forums?

I click on 'Today's Posts' and read most of the stuff that sounds interesting. By doing that, I ended up meeting some great BE posters over in the Gold Coast last year including the very lovely Pollyana.

I feel quite knowledgeable about emigration and life in other countries by reading their forums (and even the MBTUK although I have no intention of moving back).

Guess I need to get a life and get out more :rofl:

RobDon Jan 12th 2011 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 9094644)
I usually have a nosey on the return to UK one but it,s a bit depressing the main topics on there are how much can i claim and how soon can i get it, or my fav the country i have been in for the last 30 years won,t treat me so i,m coming "home"

Neil

Ditto what Neil says ;)

BEVS Jan 12th 2011 8:22 am

Best thing is to not read that particular forum then. It is for people wanting to return to the UK and for some that will be a very difficult time indeed under very stressful circumstances. Don't underestimate a return to a home country after several decades away. Kiwis do this too y'know.

As for the claiming bit. Well, we have people that come on here and want to know exactly the same about family credit for their kids and stuff. Some haven't even arrived but factor it in. So, you see, it is the same the world over & is about reading what you want to read into any given situation. I browse the MBTTUK forum sometimes and only see rather lovely photos and read concerned threads about how to manage once arrived. Similar to here really.

This detracts from my topic which is about where you browse. Not what hacks you off or makes you feel all warm and cosy.

RobDon Jan 12th 2011 8:32 am

Ok to answer your question Bevs, I usually have a look around on the return to UK one, but just because I am nosy and need to get out more!! ;)
NOT because I have any intention of going back there!! ;)

BEVS Jan 12th 2011 8:41 am

Reading other forums isn't necessarily about where you intend to go live. It's just about reading other forums or it should be. I read up on Oz , MBTTUK, USA , France, Lounge, TIO and allsorts but I'm not intending to bat around the world like some sort of loon & I feel no need to criticise the folks that post to those forums either. I just find it interesting and insightful reading.

You can't knock those returning to the UK ,after decades away , unless you have walked in their shoes.

Stormer999 Jan 12th 2011 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 9094644)

Neil

So it's not only me then......:rofl:

Stormer999 Jan 12th 2011 11:25 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9094293)
I've been wondering how many of you move around the BE site outside of our cosy NZ forum . Do you have a read of the blogs or articles. Do you look at the photos or browse the other forums just for interest. For myself, I quite often go for a bit of a wander around the place.

It would be interesting to know. Not that I'm nosey or owt. :p

Well you did ask..........:rofl:;)

Jan n Neil Jan 12th 2011 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 9095280)
Ok to answer your question Bevs, I usually have a look around on the return to UK one, but just because I am nosy and need to get out more!! ;)
NOT because I have any intention of going back there!! ;)

Ditto what Don says;)

BEVS Jan 12th 2011 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9095614)
So it's not only me then......

Apparently not. :rolleyes:

What I asked was 'Do you move around BE' ? Not, 'what winds you up'.

Pity the person who comes on here next asking about NZ family credit then & how quick can they get it.

BEVS Jan 12th 2011 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 9096541)
Ditto what Don says

AArrgghhhhh ! I'm not bluddy interested in where you think you will live years down the line. Crike ! Anything could happen to change your outlook of what you want from your lives.:eek:

Give me strength. :lol:

Out of interested , have you 3 whingers stopped sticking yourselves with MBTTUK pins the past few days to have a browse the Oz Flood Alert forum ? Just asking like.

LukeandJo Jan 12th 2011 8:12 pm

We shifted over from the UAE forum to the NZ forum.
I (Luke) mostly stay around the NZ section but venture out everynow and then.

In the grand scheme of things Bev you do a top job.

love30stm Jan 13th 2011 1:39 am

I just stay in the NZ new posts threads! :)

love30stm Jan 13th 2011 1:41 am

Originally Posted by LukeandJo (Post 9096711)
We shifted over from the UAE forum to the NZ forum.
I (Luke) mostly stay around the NZ section but venture out everynow and then.

In the grand scheme of things Bev you do a top job.

Agree I think Bev is one person I would like to meet ;)