Reload this Page >

How many people have secured Jobs

How many people have secured Jobs

Old Sep 16th 2015, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Oscellsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How many people have secured Jobs

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask how many people have secured jobs before leaving the UK, I'm really concerned about not having a job offer before moving over. The other concern I have is that I don't know if my NEBOSH is good enough for NZ and all the jobs seem to be Auckland based, but from the 1st November if you secure a job outside of Auckland you can be awarded 30 more points.
Having read some of peoples previous posts I'm a tad worried now

Loraine
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:51 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many people have secured Jobs

I had two job offers before i moved, but 8 years ago nursing was on the shortage list, so easy to achieve then. Not sure about it now, although I did read recently that 4 out of 5 employers are not planning to recruit just now because of the economy. Am sure someone will be along shortly with more information.

Good luck
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

I did.
Landed 2 electrical engineering jobs at the same time so sat down with both contracts and picked the best for the family at the time.
We already had our resident visas in place before the job offer.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oscellsie
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask how many people have secured jobs before leaving the UK, I'm really concerned about not having a job offer before moving over. The other concern I have is that I don't know if my NEBOSH is good enough for NZ and all the jobs seem to be Auckland based, but from the 1st November if you secure a job outside of Auckland you can be awarded 30 more points.
Having read some of peoples previous posts I'm a tad worried now

Loraine
depends on what job you are looking for and if your qualification meets the requirement INZ demand for the occupation. have you checked out the Immigration site for you occupation and seen what the requirements are?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
depends on what job you are looking for and if your qualification meets the requirement INZ demand for the occupation. have you checked out the Immigration site for you occupation and seen what the requirements are?

Hello,

yes I'm on the short term skills list, I have heard back from Fonterra today having sent them my CV asking where abouts I am in the visa process. I'm right at the beginning so probably should have waited until the process was well under way. Thanks Guys though for answering my question, I suppose it depends on what position you are looking for, no different to the UK really.
Just more nerve racking when your upping sticks and moving half way around the world.

Best Wishes

Loraine
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:09 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

but you probably need a job offer to get you a visa??
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
but you probably need a job offer to get you a visa??

That fills me with a little more hope, how long have you been out there ? If you don't mind me asking ?

Best Wishes Loraine
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:55 pm

you need to understand that most companies do not know the procedures around visa applications. unless you have the automatic right to get selected from the pool - 140 or more points, you will need a job offer to get over that mark or a job offer from an accredited company to even be selected.

We have been here since Jan 2012 and since then the processes, guidelines and who is being offered visas have changed and think possibly with the immigration crisis the world is experiencing atm it may well again change.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Yes the plight of these poor people, unfortunately the rest of the world is not dealing with the cause just the crisis. I don't advocate war at all but these people have a right to be safe in their own country.
I sometimes question what the world is coming to as a fail to understand it more and more with age.

Best Wishes
Loraine
Old Sep 20th 2015, 11:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fonterra is an NZIS accredited employer.

Their HR department should full well know how the NZ visa system works.

For a temp work visa , it is job offer first and then uplift the work visa.

For a skilled residency visa it all depends on what points one has and whether or not a job offer would be attached to that.

In my opinion any residency visa needs ajob offer attached to the application.

So - you go back to Fonterra and see if they will offer you a job. From there you would uplift a temp work visa to get you here. If the money is enough = $55K pa at least, then you would apply for a Work To Residence visa . Fonterra should know this already.

What is your occupation?
Old Sep 21st 2015, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Fonterra is an NZIS accredited employer.

Their HR department should full well know how the NZ visa system works.

For a temp work visa , it is job offer first and then uplift the work visa.

For a skilled residency visa it all depends on what points one has and whether or not a job offer would be attached to that.

In my opinion any residency visa needs ajob offer attached to the application.

So - you go back to Fonterra and see if they will offer you a job. From there you would uplift a temp work visa to get you here. If the money is enough = $55K pa at least, then you would apply for a Work To Residence visa . Fonterra should know this already.

What is your occupation?

Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator for the last 4.5 before that Logistics and Manufacturing, thank you for that information Bevs that has been very uplifting, hopefully I will hear back from them in the near future I have also applied to Watties (Heinz) does the same apply to them do you know?

Many Thanks

Loraine