Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many are moving on?

How many are moving on?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi many are moving on?

Originally Posted by pascalr
Who's Giles whatshisface?

Of course I do, but you do it better

Ner ner de ner ner. I am amazed..something you do not know P.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:59 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Actually, was he the dude in the funky pullovers?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, was he the dude in the funky pullovers?
If you're really bothered go find out yourself. Touche.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:09 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

No, not too bothered by that or your tone.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:21 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Will you two please stop bickering?

Anyway, a quick note on the OE... what I find amazing is how many Kiwis actually do their OE, good on them! Compared to just how many Americans I know who've never set foot outside the US and never want to (not even as far as Canada or Mexico, for which you only just need a passport to go to now), the Kiwi spirit of adventure and embracing other cultures, as physically remote as this beautiful country is, is absolutely wonderful and I am in utter awe of them!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:25 am
Banned

Gosh, you almost had me fooled there!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Will you two please stop bickering?

Anyway, a quick note on the OE... what I find amazing is how many Kiwis actually do their OE, good on them! Compared to just how many Americans I know who've never set foot outside the US and never want to (not even as far as Canada or Mexico, for which you only just need a passport to go to now), the Kiwi spirit of adventure and embracing other cultures, as physically remote as this beautiful country is, is absolutely wonderful and I am in utter awe of them!
I'm not surprised you didn't know many Americans who've travelled, since it sounds like you used to live in the poorer parts of Chicago. People without much money don't tend to travel overseas.

On the other hand, just about everyone I knew had travelled overseas and were knowledgable and curious about the world. These things depend on your social circle, really.

Who knows what the percentage of Kiwis is who do the OE. Considering how boring I find this place, and lacking in opportunity for those coming of age I think it has, I'm not surprised the poor things want to get out for awhile. I do get the impression that many OEs constitute bar hopping in London.

To get back on topic, how many are moving on? Our family is, as I've already said, but I also want to add that when I worked in several schools, *every single* British teacher I spoke to was planning on leaving, or was already in the process.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:44 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Weezer
I'm not surprised you didn't know many Americans who've travelled, since it sounds like you used to live in the poorer parts of Chicago. People without much money don't tend to travel overseas.
Yeah right
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

No offence but kiwi women came out the least attractive and the most promiscuous.
That concludes my theory!

My wife is not from St Helens
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

*every single* British teacher I spoke to was planning on leaving, or was already in the process.
Is that because they heard about the 4% payrise that maybe coming in the UK?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

, but I also want to add that when I worked in several schools, *every single* British teacher I spoke to was planning on leaving, or was already in the process.
Do you mean every SINGLE British teacher or EVERY SINGLE British teacher?
Mind you, bet if you asked teachers here they would plan to leave the UK if they could (oh is it really only me then?)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:42 pm
Banned

The Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant futureThe Bard of Wigan has a brilliant future

This thread has gotten a bit heavy eh?

Brother fighting brother, neighbour against neighbour . . . .

Click on The Bards name, 4th down and have a look at the homepage. That'll lighten things up a bit.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:28 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
What a Giles Brandreth (sp) you are. One assumes you never have any grammatical faux pas?
Don't worry Genesis - I think I'll get over it I was being sarcastic but then that's my sense of humour
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it won't be long before we see 'Handbags at Dawn' winner takes it all...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You're not selling it to me and nobody needs to live in South Auckland to know what it is like. Most Kiwis wouldn't even want to live there, so you can hardly wonder that any of us don't either. We come to NZ seeking 'better' than what we left behind and I personally wouldn't leave a dog alone in a lot of South Auckland.

Based on reputation alone, most people don't have to even visit a place to know that they don't want to live there and soon figure the places to avoid. Many, many moons ago when I was hard up and had not much other choice I rented a flat in Brixton shortly after a riot when all the shop windows were still boarded up. It was just fine and dandy - living on the edge, getting the nightbuses home etc whilst I was young, bulletproof and carefree and I never had a problem; but would I want to go back there? Absolutely, no way! Nowadays, at my age I prefer more genteel surroundings

I am not trying to sell you anything. Just merely point out what you have just confirmed.

Personally I think your comments are based on exactly the point I am making.

And who are all these Kiwi's you speak on behalf of ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.