Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many moved without visiting first?

How many moved without visiting first?

Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many moved without visiting first?

So I'm not the only one. Thank God.
Everybody looks at me like I'm mad! (more than usual).

Off to Auckland in January and the closest I have been to there is Perth WA 15 years ago. Have a couple of friends there though which makes it a little less scary :scared:

Rich
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:01 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RD1
So I'm not the only one. Thank God.
Everybody looks at me like I'm mad! (more than usual).

Off to Auckland in January and the closest I have been to there is Perth WA 15 years ago. Have a couple of friends there though which makes it a little less scary :scared:

Rich

From now until you leave, take advantage of what time of year it is there by turning off all of your heating and living on a UK salary of 15k Sterling then you will have some idea of the winters here and the wages.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:42 pm
turkeytickler

And while you are at it - to really emulate the NZ experience in the UK -
- ask every retailer to slap 30% onto the price of everything
- Stop going to Tescos/Sainsbury's or whereever you do your shopping and use your local cornershop - this will reflect the selection on offer in NZ
- Start buying clothes from Primark - this will reflect the quality on offer in NZ
- Resign from your job, put the words "Albanian Asylum Seeker - good English" on your CV and go forth into the labour market - this will reflect your job prospects in NZ.

Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:01 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
From now until you leave, take advantage of what time of year it is there by turning off all of your heating and living on a UK salary of 15k Sterling then you will have some idea of the winters here and the wages.
Do you never stop moaning?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:03 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
And while you are at it - to really emulate the NZ experience in the UK -
- ask every retailer to slap 30% onto the price of everything
- Stop going to Tescos/Sainsbury's or whereever you do your shopping and use your local cornershop - this will reflect the selection on offer in NZ
- Start buying clothes from Primark - this will reflect the quality on offer in NZ
- Resign from your job, put the words "Albanian Asylum Seeker - good English" on your CV and go forth into the labour market - this will reflect your job prospects in NZ.
One of the worst posts I've ever read - any potential immegrant should ignore this completely. Even the smiley at the end does little to dilute the venom this poster obviously has for NZ. Bad move coming here mate. They do have flights back you know.
Muppet
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:30 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Biddy
One of the worst posts I've ever read - any potential immegrant should ignore this completely. Even the smiley at the end does little to dilute the venom this poster obviously has for NZ. Bad move coming here mate. They do have flights back you know.
Muppet
Please set your profile to ignore my posts - and that goes for anyone else who doesnt like what i write - i would be more than happy if it means i dont have to respond to reactionary drivel like the above.

Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:36 pm
Give us a kiss

Please set your profile to ignore my posts - and that goes for anyone else who doesnt like what i write - i would be more than happy if it means i dont have to respond to reactionary drivel like the above.
No, I find it quite amusing. I'm already here but it's the poor sods who are still in the 'shall I shan't I?' stage of planning that I feel sorry for. I've seen many posters deciding not to make the journey because they have been overwhelmed by negative posts from a significant minority. What they need is good solid objective facts to base their decisions on rather than the same old 'knee jerk' comments from people like yourself.

By all means put me on ignore if you don't like my 'reactionary drivel' as you politely call it.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:47 pm
turkeytickler

No, I find it quite amusing. I'm already here but it's the poor sods who are still in the 'shall I shan't I?' stage of planning that I feel sorry for. I've seen many posters deciding not to make the journey because they have been overwhelmed by negative posts from a significant minority. What they need is good solid objective facts to base their decisions on rather than the same old 'knee jerk' comments from people like yourself.

By all means put me on ignore if you don't like my 'reactionary drivel' as you politely call it.
i believe objectivity requires a lack of bias. that means an argument can have many facets - not just the ones you choose to include. I do not doubt for one second that your positive experiences are valid and you have no right to question mine - be they positive or negative. i have in fact made many positive posts on this forum.

now honestly - PLEASE put me on ignore - PLEASE - or learn some grace. there was nothing polite in my intentions, you lost that priviledge when you called me a muppet - cut me deep man cut me deep.

Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:52 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Im a bit shocked Biddy at your reaction, did anything turkey tickler write hit a nerve? There's no need to be rude to someone you know nothing about.
You don't sound yourself at the moment.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:53 pm
Give us a kiss

i believe objectivity requires a lack of bias. that means an argument can have many facets - not just the ones you choose to include. I do not doubt for one second that your positive experiences are valid and you have no right to question mine - be they positive or negative. i have in fact made many positive posts on this forum.

now honestly - PLEASE put me on ignore - PLEASE - or learn some grace. there was nothing polite in my intentions, you lost that priviledge when you called me a muppet - cut me deep man cut me deep.
Wow - that's quite a reaction - sorry. If I thought for one moment that you would be so offended by the word Muppet - especially coming from someone you have never met - then I would have chosen something more appropriate. I hope you get over it soon.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:55 pm
turkeytickler

Wow - that's quite a reaction - sorry. If I thought for one moment that you would be so offended by the word Muppet - especially coming from someone you have never met - then I would have chosen something more appropriate. I hope you get over it soon.
oh - i think you missed the sarcasm.

Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:56 pm
Give us a kiss

Originally Posted by sky
Im a bit shocked Biddy at your reaction, did anything turkey tickler write hit a nerve? There's no need to be rude to someone you know nothing about.
You don't sound yourself at the moment.
Hi Sky - just thought I'd let TT know how I felt about his post. Every statement that was made was incorrect in my opinion. That's all.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 8:57 pm
Give us a kiss

oh - i think you missed the sarcasm.
And vice versa
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:01 pm
turkeytickler

And vice versa
not irony then?

Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:15 pm
Give us a kiss

not irony then?
Shall we drop this and let the thread get back on course?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.