Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

how long to receive residency

how long to receive residency

Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

dlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant future
Default how long to receive residency

please could anyone tell me how long it normally takes from when you submit your ITA to getting the answer that you have residency, this is with a job offer by the way.
thanks
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future
Default Re: how long to receive residency

Originally Posted by dlummis
please could anyone tell me how long it normally takes from when you submit your ITA to getting the answer that you have residency, this is with a job offer by the way.
thanks
hi
since u have a job offer u are usually moved to the top of the pile and ive heard on average 3/5 weeks i am too waiting my ita has been ibn since 26th under a week i too have a job offer and im hoping for a quick decision if it comes im off to hamilton
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

dlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MV5555
hi
since u have a job offer u are usually moved to the top of the pile and ive heard on average 3/5 weeks i am too waiting my ita has been ibn since 26th under a week i too have a job offer and im hoping for a quick decision if it comes im off to hamilton
thanks for reply but i recently spoke to someone who is using an agent and they contacted NZ house and they told them at the moment these are taking nearer 3 months to complete lets hope not as i want to be in christchurch by sept/oct.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

thanks for reply but i recently spoke to someone who is using an agent and they contacted NZ house and they told them at the moment these are taking nearer 3 months to complete lets hope not as i want to be in christchurch by sept/oct.
hi
the average time from EOI pull out to visa im told is about 3 months but so long as your ITA paperwork is in good order and everything is there with no queries and you photo copyed everything to help the immigration officer it should not take that long ...anyway keep us posted and i will post if i hear anything.when did u send in your ITA
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MV5555
hi
the average time from EOI pull out to visa im told is about 3 months but so long as your ITA paperwork is in good order and everything is there with no queries and you photo copyed everything to help the immigration officer it should not take that long ...anyway keep us posted and i will post if i hear anything.when did u send in your ITA
i sent mine on thursday so i will post here when ive heard something, still bot to sell my house as tossers pulled out tuesday and we were meant to exchange friday. why is our buying/selling the worst in the world, more red tape i cant wait to get away from.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Scankguy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks

Hi

I got a phone call from NZ immigration that I had been granted the residency status last Monday. My EOI for Skilled Migrant cat was selected from the pool in early Feb, and I waited my full 4 months before sending the papers for Residency as I was deliberately trying to slow the process so I could look for work, make up my mind etc.( Still not sure I have made up my mind!)

I now have 6 months to send in my passport for the stamp as I had asked to have it returned prior to the NZ immigration decision as advised this was the only way to slow the process once formal application was made..

So I guess its took NZ immigration about 4 weeks to make up their mind after I sent in the papers as I had delayed the interview (no job so needed to be interviewed by phone) about 3 weeks due to holidays and general time wasting.

The NZ immigration seem to have been very effective, possibly trying to catch up on the migrant quota which they have just anounced was met.

Following an interview on Monday I am about to get a job offer from a large consultancy company so looks like I may be in Christchurch by the end of the year…
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Would agree, even 3 years ago we waited months not weeks??? Having said that - applied here not in UK - UK seems quicker??
Old Aug 1st 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We send our ITA in on a tuesday by Special Delivery....got a phone call 2 days later on the thursday telling us to go book our flights. It was with job offer under Skilled Migrant category...hope this helps....Sarah