Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How long from Plimmerton to Welly?

How long from Plimmerton to Welly?

Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:03 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all
Question How long from Plimmerton to Welly?

Hiya Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to drive from Plimmerton to Welly? Also anyone any info on Plimmerton and the surrounding areas. Hoping to be over this year and it looks like a nice place to settle the family in. Husband would probably get a job as a plumber within the Welly district, just trying to gauge commuting times.
Thanks
Dawn
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:52 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long from Plimmerton to Welly?

Originally Posted by Spawny67
Hiya Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to drive from Plimmerton to Welly? Also anyone any info on Plimmerton and the surrounding areas. Hoping to be over this year and it looks like a nice place to settle the family in. Husband would probably get a job as a plumber within the Welly district, just trying to gauge commuting times.
Thanks
Dawn
Depends on traffic of course, but I can make it from Aotea into Welly in rush hour traffic, parked, in 20 minutes. 25 on a bad day. It's roughly the same distance from Plimmerton.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Depends on traffic of course, but I can make it from Aotea into Welly in rush hour traffic, parked, in 20 minutes. 25 on a bad day. It's roughly the same distance from Plimmerton.
Aye and what Warp Factor is that at Maz
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Well it is downhill at least in the Gorge.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:48 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Well it is downhill at least in the Gorge.

Past the camera? ::
Do you go in super-early? 'cos I can only get there that fast from Tawa on a weekend!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:44 am
Maz

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Past the camera? ::
Do you go in super-early? 'cos I can only get there that fast from Tawa on a weekend!
When I drive in, which is rare, I'm on the road by 7.30. And I'm very careful past the cameras. Got caught doing 114 between Taupo and Hamilton last April, don't really want a repeat of that fine.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Why do people think it takes a long time to drive into Welly? 20-25 minutes (30 tops) from Plimmerton in rush hour and there is only one speed camera . Its only 25 km into Wellington from Plimmerton and apart from 3km of the Mana straight its all 100kph and no traffic lights.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:58 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Maz, thats absolute bullshit !!!!!

So in 'your' rush hour do you merge with the Hutt.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:02 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spawny67
Hiya Everyone.

Thanks
Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Your hubby would be best servicing the area he lives in (which is quite big and given that word of mouth is big here the ex-pat community could be really useful for him) unless he gets a job with one of the businesses in Wellington City.

Saying that, we have a leaky tap, could he come over any earlier ??
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:04 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Maz, thats absolute bullshit !!!!!

So in 'your' rush hour do you merge with the Hutt.
No it's not BS. And yes I do merge, and it's not so bad.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:17 am
Winter hibernator

Originally Posted by Maz
No it's not BS. And yes I do merge, and it's not so bad.
Best get your watch fixed.

Oh and what time are you calling rush hour ???
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:27 am
Maz

Best get your watch fixed.

Oh and what time are you calling rush hour ???
I don't wear a watch, I use the clock in my car or on my mobile.

And I'm on the road by 7.30.

But like I said, I don't drive in very often. I did drive in last week when there was that accident right where SH1 and SH2 merge though. That slowed me down by 15 minutes. My boss, who comes in from a little further up the road from me, and always a little later, was well over an hour late. That created quite the major snarl-up.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:29 am
Winter hibernator

7:30 is not rush hour !!!!!

Try leaving anytime after 8am and coming home any time after 4:30
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:33 am
Maz

7:30 is not rush hour !!!!!

Try leaving anytime after 8am and coming home any time after 4:30
I did say earlier what time I leave at.

8 am??? Part-timer. And when I do drive in, I leave at about 4.45. That's not so much fun. But once you're past the SH1-SH2 reverse zip, it's still dead fast.

You feeling alright Dirk?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:46 am
Winter hibernator

True that the bottleneck tends to be where the two meet.

One must give a true reflection about what is asked.

Rush hour tends to be between 8-9 and 4:30-5:30 in Wellington whereby ALL suburbs in and out of Wellington are affected.

Oh, stop calling the place Welly. :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.