Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How Long for NZQA & ORB?

How Long for NZQA & ORB?

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

terrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really nice
Default How Long for NZQA & ORB?

Hi there
Does anyone know how long it will take for my NVQ2 to be acknowledged as ok by the NZQA and ORB please?
Currently collating all the relevant paperwork, but wanting to submit asap in case it takes an age and don't want to submit EOI until all confirmed as we will get more points!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Long for NZQA & ORB?

Originally Posted by terrytiler
Hi there
Does anyone know how long it will take for my NVQ2 to be acknowledged as ok by the NZQA and ORB please?
Currently collating all the relevant paperwork, but wanting to submit asap in case it takes an age and don't want to submit EOI until all confirmed as we will get more points!!!
There is quite a backlog at NZQA at the moment. Rock Ape will clarify!

My assessment took the full 7 weeks intimated by NZQA. I think I just managed to get in before the hassle started!

Paul
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Documents arrived at NZQA Wellington 21stJuly, VISA fee drawn 31st August...and still not a dicky bird from them via email or post!Can't decide whether to email and ask or whether it will bring wrath down upon me. When I rang back in July they were transferring everything to computer and there was a huge backlog. There was a post a while back saying the 35day count doesn't start til you are assigned a Case Officer!! Guess I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs then..
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Documents arrived at NZQA Wellington 21stJuly, VISA fee drawn 31st August...and still not a dicky bird from them via email or post!Can't decide whether to email and ask or whether it will bring wrath down upon me. When I rang back in July they were transferring everything to computer and there was a huge backlog. There was a post a while back saying the 35day count doesn't start til you are assigned a Case Officer!! Guess I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs then..
Hi, I sent an e-mail chasing OHs the other day and found on their website the quote saying the 35 working days start when they have received all the paperwork and fees.... The e-mail just said "We are currently experiencing high volumes of applications and are not meeting our timeframes.
We apologise for any inconvenience. Please note: we will not know whether all required documentation has or has not been received till checked by an evaluator. Your file will be allocated to an evaluator in due course. Please request an extension from INZ."
sooooooooo helpful

nic
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Hi, I sent an e-mail chasing OHs the other day and found on their website the quote saying the 35 working days start when they have received all the paperwork and fees.... The e-mail just said "We are currently experiencing high volumes of applications and are not meeting our timeframes.
We apologise for any inconvenience. Please note: we will not know whether all required documentation has or has not been received till checked by an evaluator. Your file will be allocated to an evaluator in due course. Please request an extension from INZ."
sooooooooo helpful

nic
Hi nic, just been very brave and sent a crawly email to Malcolm Leitch (hope I got his name right - Rock Ape help?) saying I realise backlog blah blah but could he shed any light blah blah. I was hoping to have something concrete to say to prospective employers when we do another recce in mid October. Thought I'd given myself loads of time!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi nic, just been very brave and sent a crawly email to Malcolm Leitch (hope I got his name right - Rock Ape help?) saying I realise backlog blah blah but could he shed any light blah blah. I was hoping to have something concrete to say to prospective employers when we do another recce in mid October. Thought I'd given myself loads of time!!
Hey look at that got email straight back from Malcolm Leitch's office - right name!-he's on holiday til 5th September but gives email address for his Team Leader Peter Withers. Hmmm shall I shan't I ??
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Hey look at that got email straight back from Malcolm Leitch's office - right name!-he's on holiday til 5th September but gives email address for his Team Leader Peter Withers. Hmmm shall I shan't I ??
yes yes yes, we all need to know. If you get a sensible answer, I'll try him as well, we can bombard them with polite e-mails to start with
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
yes yes yes, we all need to know. If you get a sensible answer, I'll try him as well, we can bombard them with polite e-mails to start with
Oh OK, but they won't be in work yet...here goes,,,

20:00 Done it!

Last edited by j19fmm; Sep 3rd 2008 at 7:03 pm. Reason: added bit
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey, guess what Nic........no answer to my very sweet emails.....I'm sooo shocked....
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice

Hi Everyone,
I'm not alone I know , but I sent my documentation off on the 17th May, they received it on the 20th May, the NZQA withdrew the cash 3 days later and I am still awaiting the piece of paper. One good thing is that I constantly emailed and called them (they were really quite good about it!) and I received an email on Monday 1st Sept telling me that they dont need any more documentation and that it will all be winging its way to me by the end of the week.....

The moral is, dont expect a quick turnaround, just bare with it

Phil
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philfunuk
Hi Everyone,
I'm not alone I know , but I sent my documentation off on the 17th May, they received it on the 20th May, the NZQA withdrew the cash 3 days later and I am still awaiting the piece of paper. One good thing is that I constantly emailed and called them (they were really quite good about it!) and I received an email on Monday 1st Sept telling me that they dont need any more documentation and that it will all be winging its way to me by the end of the week.....

The moral is, dont expect a quick turnaround, just bare with it

Phil

OH MY GOD!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

terrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really niceterrytiler is just really nice

Oh you guys, you've had me giggling!!! Thank goodness - or else I'd be crying and goodness-knows what else!!!
Thank you for that - or should I say - no thanks- HA HA! I did expect these answers, so good job we're not anticipating our emigration until 2010 then!! I'll kick the completion of the qualification on and hopefully it might take less time by the time I submit it - or maybe ... it'll be double the time by then!!! - C U in NZ sometime in the 2020's!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

OH MY GOD!!
I second that ! ! !
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Re: How Long for NZQA & ORB?

dont know how to put this really

i think i was really lucky. applied for nzqa fast track made sure i sent copies of everything that may or may not have wanted and then sat and waited , chased it once via e mail and received the paper from nzqa the same day as i received an e mail from them. start to finish for me was 4 weeks. not sure if it was the wifes paperwork check before it was sent or just plain luck, good luck every1 who is still waiting

jim and debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.