British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   how long does it take for customs,mpi to check a few boxs! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-long-does-take-customs-mpi-check-few-boxs-844068/)

moving2NZ2013 Sep 29th 2014 12:27 am

how long does it take for customs,mpi to check a few boxs!

ah my boxes arrived nearly 2 weeks ago and are STILL being checked.

I shipped few boxes over.

how long did yours take? getting lil impatient. theres only clothing items in there!

MrsFychan Sep 29th 2014 1:42 am

Re: how long does it take for customs,mpi to check a few boxs!

who did you ship with? maybe call them and ask what the delay is

jonesy115 Sep 30th 2014 9:09 am

Hi, my boxes were here two weeks before I left the UK. After I was here for four days they were still in Auckland at customs I chased them up. Turns out customs wouldn't release them until they new what was new stuff and what was old stuff. My carriers used DHL to get my stuff over but DHL hadn't told them about the hold up so I didn't know either.
After two hours at customs at the airport they were released and I got them a few days later.

moving2NZ2013 Sep 30th 2014 9:18 am

I shipped these mid July. Shipped them with Anglo pacific. They need to invoice me and arrange delievery. Meant to arrive today at the latest will ping them a msg tommorow

ellenarosemary Oct 1st 2014 10:16 pm

Normally takes a couple of weeks once they arrive, for all the paperwork etc and for anything to be inspected. I would check today that they have arrived and also ask about the paperwork so you don't hold up things your end.

moonie2011 Oct 3rd 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 11425152)
Normally takes a couple of weeks once they arrive, for all the paperwork etc and for anything to be inspected. I would check today that they have arrived and also ask about the paperwork so you don't hold up things your end.

Our boxes arrived, we watched and waited online, then eventually rung and were told we hadn't completed a consignment declaration. No one had told us to do it, no one rung and asked, it was just sitting there waiting grrrrrr
So yes ring them and find out.

moving2NZ2013 Oct 3rd 2014 8:59 pm

I completed a decl 12 days ago which I thought I'd done. Emailed them n got snotty message saying it will be ready when it's ready. Up to 15 working days from now. It's in customs now :(