Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How long does shiping take?

How long does shiping take?

Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long does shiping take?

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question.
How long roughly will it take to ship all our stuff to Auckland? Need to know how long we will be without our worldly goods.
Probably a really stupid question but are some shippers quicker than others?

Thanks for any replies
XX
Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long does shiping take?

Time has been given to me of about 43 days. But I think this is time on board...not sure if this includes any 'on shore' time waiting for a boat to float by!
Nick
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Wellsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi;
Sorry I dont no but we have got a bloke round next week to give us a Quote and to tell us how long before we see our items again....
I thought the hole process takes about 6 weeks ? ???

I wish I had some idea of the price? Guess we will find out next week....
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi

PSS also told us around 6 weeks.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

I've had three shippers round recently - they range from 6 to 10 weeks
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, PSS collected our worldly goods end of November, but didnt sail until early Jan (not happy) arrived in Auckland, 16th February. We are moving into our new home in Torbay, Northshore today and our container is being delivered by NZ Van Lines today.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Trenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wellsy
Hi;
Sorry I dont no but we have got a bloke round next week to give us a Quote and to tell us how long before we see our items again....
I thought the hole process takes about 6 weeks ? ???

I wish I had some idea of the price? Guess we will find out next week....
Our stuff took 11 weeks to arrive and then another week to clear Customs and MAF.

Total cost, including optional insurance, was just under £5,000. This was for a 24' container, i.e. the size that they (Crown Relo) recommend for a UK 3 bedroomed house.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: How long does shiping take?

Hi we went with a company called EVL who very good, they took our container from the house on the 26th of Sept and it arrived with us in NZ on the 15th Decemberso all in all we waited about 9 weeks for our stuff but then we didnt leave the UK till november the 1st so we really didnt have to wait that long.... But i would recommend EVL they were fantastic nothing was damaged and they charged us £3000 for a 20' container and we got them down to 1% insurance so all in all it cost us £3300
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Been quoted 10 -12 weeks by Crown to go from Glasgow to Dunedin

Phyl x