British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   how long for container to be delivered? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-long-container-delivered-756523/)

kiwi19 Apr 29th 2012 7:19 am

how long for container to be delivered?

How exciting, just found out the ship with our container on arrives Wednesday, our little boy will be very pleased to receive his toys and bike!
I know it probably varies but does anyone have any idea how long it takes between the ship arriving and stuff being delivered? ours is a shared container. Thanks :)

MrsFychan Apr 29th 2012 8:53 am

Re: how long for container to be delivered?

our container (fully ours) took just over a week, my car took longer nearing 2 weeks.

love30stm Apr 29th 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by kiwi19 (Post 10031056)
How exciting, just found out the ship with our container on arrives Wednesday, our little boy will be very pleased to receive his toys and bike!
I know it probably varies but does anyone have any idea how long it takes between the ship arriving and stuff being delivered? ours is a shared container. Thanks :)

So exiting when it arrives, it's like Christmas all over again

simonsi Apr 29th 2012 10:30 am

Not sure how they are doing with Auckland just coming out of the stevedores strife, ours took about 10 days once in port in normal times....

sparkie down under Apr 29th 2012 9:00 pm

we were given a 48 hours from port to door figure, which would have been correct were it not for the ARSE'S at MAF who F'ing well ripped us off. Sorry in rant mode:eek:

RobDon Apr 29th 2012 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10031139)
our container (fully ours) took just over a week.

Ditto :thumbsup:

lfcfan Apr 29th 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Kiwi19,

My container arrived on Wednesday too, I have just been told it is customs cleared and no maf hold, so I expect to have my stuff end of this week.

Ask the people who you shipped it with, if it is Pickfords I have the contact details if you need them.

kiwi19 Apr 30th 2012 5:36 am

Thank you! I hope everything clears ok and we might get it next week! Need to make some room for it all! We are currently using stuff we left here nearly 8 years ago so it will be strange to merge it with the stuff from England, mixing two different eras in our lives together! It will be like xmas for one little boy, can't wait...

jjsebba Apr 30th 2012 10:46 am

How did everyone get their containers so quickly??????????
We've been quoted from 4 to 12 weeks!
Mrs Fychan, a week? That's amazing!

RobDon Apr 30th 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jjsebba (Post 10032753)
How did everyone get their containers so quickly??????????
We've been quoted from 4 to 12 weeks!
Mrs Fychan, a week? That's amazing!

We are talking from docking in NZ to delivery! :thumbsup:
NOT UK to NZ! :eek:

jjsebba Apr 30th 2012 11:06 am

Doh! Sorry! It's Monday morning and it was a LOOOOONG weekend!

RobDon Apr 30th 2012 11:12 am

Originally Posted by jjsebba (Post 10032782)
Doh! Sorry! It's Monday morning and it was a LOOOOONG weekend!

:D :lol: ;)

Stormer999 Apr 30th 2012 10:09 pm

Our container ship was due 04/05 +- 2 weeks as the load is only a managed as you go system on these bid World ships, hence instead of being in NZ waters it will be chugging away to Hong Kong and God knows where after that....:(

MrsFychan Apr 30th 2012 10:28 pm

our container was 2 weeks late docking, it also went from Australia to Auckland down to Christchurch before it headed back up to Wellington. We watched it sail pass Wellington on the "follow my container" site bemused as to why it would travel that way.
Yes the turn around at port to home was excellent, MAF came to the house on delivery day and spent 10mins just unwrapping the pieces they had highlighted to be put aside and then just a casual glance at things and passed it. Surprisingly none of our Christmas stuff was looked at.
Now the car was a different matter altogether and caused nothing but headaches. If coming to Wellington with a car I advise to avoid VTNZ in Porirua like the plague.

kiwi19 May 1st 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10033991)
our container was 2 weeks late docking, it also went from Australia to Auckland down to Christchurch before it headed back up to Wellington. We watched it sail pass Wellington on the "follow my container" site bemused as to why it would travel that way.
Yes the turn around at port to home was excellent, MAF came to the house on delivery day and spent 10mins just unwrapping the pieces they had highlighted to be put aside and then just a casual glance at things and passed it. Surprisingly none of our Christmas stuff was looked at.
Now the car was a different matter altogether and caused nothing but headaches. If coming to Wellington with a car I advise to avoid VTNZ in Porirua like the plague.

yep, we shipped a vehicle last time and vowed never again and that was before it fell off the truck on the way back from maf cleaning!