Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

how long before i am there

how long before i am there

Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

true red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nice
Default how long before i am there

What sort of timescale is it for a work to residence visa to be prosessed.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:00 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long before i am there

Originally Posted by true red
What sort of timescale is it for a work to residence visa to be prosessed.
I read on another post that your OH is a midwifer so for NZ midwifery registration you will need the following:

1. NZ midwifery application form here's the link http://www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz/main/Overseas/

within this you will need to get
1. Get police certificates (takes about 40days to come through) get 2copies, one for Midwifery council and one for immigration
2. good character references form- a Midwife, your GP, a professional
3. NMC verification of registration
4. if newly qualified a university transcript (if not then i think you need portfolio proof, but not sure on this)
5. Certified copies of birth and marriage certificate (if not married then think you need a certified copy of your passport)
6. Completed self assessment forms

This sounds horrendous i know...suppose it is a little bit but needs to be done and if you're organised doesn't take long

once you've done all this and get your NZ midwifery registration you'll need a job. Now time scale for this depends on where you want to live, so could be anything from 1-12 weeks

once you've got a job you can get your Medicals and x-rays sorted...wouldn't recommend you getting them done before getting a job as they are only valid for approx 12 weeks i think

once you've had a sent to you your contract you'll be able to get all your paperwork together that is needed for immigration. If you take it all to the London office i think it takes between 1 and 2 days to get an answer...if you send it i think it's about 2-3 weeks

I take it you'll be going in on a general work visa? which needs to be submitted with your OH's visa.

Please do not take my word for the accuracy of this...please do your own research for your particular circumstances.

hope this helps
Mandie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

true red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nicetrue red is just really nice
Default thanks for the info

thanks mandie and jueieinnz for the info
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

We submit our EOI in October, ITA in November and got the go ahead in December and we leave in 10 days - although there was months of preparation before we got to that point. We are both nurses and applied for our jobs last July, the fact that we had jobs helped us with our ITA. Also tell your OH to get the NMC to send transcripts of training to the Nursing Council of NZ instead of plac of training / study. The University where she did her training will charge and in our experience they take ages - we ended up getting the NMC to do ours after waiting 8 weeks for the Uni o do it (and we are still waiting!). She can e mail the NMC and they will do it directly. It is worthwhile getting professional and character references etc now so they are all on hand when you need them. The better prepared you are the smoother it will be - where are you planning to head for?
donnaf (Mrs Danny F)
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the info danny, we are planning to go to aukland. Thats were my oh has been offered work. But we intend to settle on the south island if possible. Bye the way good to here from a fello scouser. I hope you dont mind me picking your brain over the next day or so.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:16 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

We posted my wifes work to res on monday, special delivery. it was at NZ house 1pm tues. she got her visa back yesterday morning. that must be the best service anyone can expect
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
I take it true red refers to Liverpool FC? My OH (DannyF) will be your best mate now - he tends to go on the sport forum and swear at Mancs. I'm sure you will be hearing from him soon!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:42 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi,
I take it true red refers to Liverpool FC? My OH (DannyF) will be your best mate now - he tends to go on the sport forum and swear at Mancs. I'm sure you will be hearing from him soon!!

aaaaaaaaa, true red, wondered what that meant. My husband is very much a true red! He certainly was very red faced the other night when some guy called dudek let all the balls in. Tsk, tsk.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
aaaaaaaaa, true red, wondered what that meant. My husband is very much a true red! He certainly was very red faced the other night when some guy called dudek let all the balls in. Tsk, tsk.
you'll upset danny with that talk, he'll only end up drowning his sorrows in the bar , pop in if you fancy a change , although i'm off soon laptop battery is going down quick & its bed time xx
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:50 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
you'll upset danny with that talk, he'll only end up drowning his sorrows in the bar
Shame Steve doesn't do that, instead I had to listen to it for days. DAYS!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Shame Steve doesn't do that, instead I had to listen to it for days. DAYS!
send him to the locker room, he can 'discuss' it to his hearts content there
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

What's the difference between a taxi driver and Dudek?
A taxi driver only lets 5 in

Danny told me that one so he can't give me a hard time - I suport Sunderland so that's hard enough!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:17 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by donnaf
What's the difference between a taxi driver and Dudek?
A taxi driver only lets 5 in

Danny told me that one so he can't give me a hard time - I suport Sunderland so that's hard enough!
The trouble is, although Steve will appreciate that joke, it'll lead to another few hours straight of his talking about the match.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll officially ban him to the locker room - we've hijacked the post with footie talk!