how long

Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough
Default how long

Hi guys,

A quick question.
I have only just applied send off my EOI and believe the pick is this week.
Normally how long does it take from this stage to get a PR in priciple, (i know this varies but the must be some finger in the air average people work to).

Mainly thought, once accepted, how quickly do you have to move out.
And how long is the minimum length of stay, as I currently have a good job here, but know we will be redundant in about a year, so would like to still here until then.

Thanks

Welsh
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long

Hi
Don't worry, you have plenty of time. I submitted mt EOI on 01 July, it was selected on 6th July
About 2 weeks later I got the invitation to appy. You have 4 months from the time you get this letter, to submit your application. I submitted my application on 8th Sept (without job offer).I was assigned a case officer on Nov 3rd, had the phone interview the next day! 2 days later had an email to say I was successful!
I have from now until the 8th May to submit my passport to get the lovely blue stickers. And apparently I have one year to enter the country from the time I get the stickers.
So its really up to you, you could be there in 6 months or less or up to 2 years time if you choose to dealy the process by meeting all the deadlines at the latest possible date!
I thought the process was a bit daunting at first, but it really is a piece of cake. Keep in touch with this forum, as I found it great, someone always knows the answer. Good Luck

Originally Posted by welsh213
Hi guys,

A quick question.
I have only just applied send off my EOI and believe the pick is this week.
Normally how long does it take from this stage to get a PR in priciple, (i know this varies but the must be some finger in the air average people work to).

Mainly thought, once accepted, how quickly do you have to move out.
And how long is the minimum length of stay, as I currently have a good job here, but know we will be redundant in about a year, so would like to still here until then.

Thanks

Welsh
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

welsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the roughwelsh213 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Spudz,

It does seem very daunting, more so as I will be making the move on my own. I suppose it is good to know that there are so many friendly people around, that should make life a lot easier.

Originally Posted by spudzlikeus
Hi
Don't worry, you have plenty of time. I submitted mt EOI on 01 July, it was selected on 6th July
About 2 weeks later I got the invitation to appy. You have 4 months from the time you get this letter, to submit your application. I submitted my application on 8th Sept (without job offer).I was assigned a case officer on Nov 3rd, had the phone interview the next day! 2 days later had an email to say I was successful!
I have from now until the 8th May to submit my passport to get the lovely blue stickers. And apparently I have one year to enter the country from the time I get the stickers.
So its really up to you, you could be there in 6 months or less or up to 2 years time if you choose to dealy the process by meeting all the deadlines at the latest possible date!
I thought the process was a bit daunting at first, but it really is a piece of cake. Keep in touch with this forum, as I found it great, someone always knows the answer. Good Luck
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:32 pm

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We submitted all of our paperwork ourselves.
We submitted our EOI on 24.05.05. It was selected from the pool on 25.05.05. We were invited to apply for Residence on 27.05.05 and submitted our ITA on 26.07.05. We received our approved residence letter and passports / visas on 18.08.05.( We have employment set up in NZ )
Off to Invercargill via Christchurch on 3 February 2006.

The best thing to do is to start collecting all your paperwork now. You will need to send original AND photocopies of things like your passport, birth certificate, qualifications, marriage / divorce certificates ( women only ), job offer ( if applicable), medical and Xray certificates from one of the panel doctors and a police check.

If you need a hand, give us a PM

All the best,

Taff ( we won`t mention the Wales vs NZ rugby last Saturday...OK )

:scared:
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Taff,

And no, please no mention of the game, made me drown my sorrows.
Hope for a better result on Friday

Originally Posted by taffinkent
Hi,

We submitted all of our paperwork ourselves.
We submitted our EOI on 24.05.05. It was selected from the pool on 25.05.05. We were invited to apply for Residence on 27.05.05 and submitted our ITA on 26.07.05. We received our approved residence letter and passports / visas on 18.08.05.( We have employment set up in NZ )
Off to Invercargill via Christchurch on 3 February 2006.

The best thing to do is to start collecting all your paperwork now. You will need to send original AND photocopies of things like your passport, birth certificate, qualifications, marriage / divorce certificates ( women only ), job offer ( if applicable), medical and Xray certificates from one of the panel doctors and a police check.

If you need a hand, give us a PM

All the best,

Taff ( we won`t mention the Wales vs NZ rugby last Saturday...OK )

:scared:
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Just found out my EOI has been selected, now we start the journy for real I guess.
Fingers crossed eh..

John
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

The process I think is very easily done on one's own. We are just waiting for our son's passport and our marriage certificate from the registrar. Hope to send whole package off in the next week or two. We were drawn on 14 September, ITA on 3 October. Hope to have our visas by February assuming that NZIS will handle us less quickly as I do not have a job offer. Not planning on looking until after we have our visas and a firm travel date.

Michael