Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How to get yourself into trouble

How to get yourself into trouble

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:35 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get yourself into trouble

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
What a dickhead, eh? I assumed they were just a pair of young and naïve bits of kids, didn't realise until today that he was married.
Yeah, considering that some websites haven't blurred out the faces of the participants its pretty obvious who was involved. Just sad all around I think.

<-- Fun police
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Surely he'll have to walk away from this ASAP before he is pushed, you can't have a Senior Manager showing such a lack of integrity and potentially landing the company in hot water over sexual harassment etc. with a subordinate employee. This could get more serious as well if coercion or favoritism are alleged to be involved.
Thoughts exactly. What is wrong with people.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 6:22 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol

Oh come on, you'd have to pay good money for that in Amsterdam !!
If you did it would be to see consenting adults not people who made a silly error and who have partners and children whose lives are devastated by the tacky tastelessness of the watchers. I honestly think it is a really shitty thing to do to watch for an HOUR, filming and taking pics of two people who were unaware they were being watched. It's smutty and pathetic.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
If you did it would be to see consenting adults not people who made a silly error and who have partners and children whose lives are devastated by the tacky tastelessness of the watchers. I honestly think it is a really shitty thing to do to watch for an HOUR, filming and taking pics of two people who were unaware they were being watched. It's smutty and pathetic.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:56 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: How to get yourself into trouble

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, they where in an office having sex...I'm not expert in office sex (unfortunately ) but getting caught in the act must have weighted on their minds at some point.

People have been having sex for many (many!) generations now and been fascinated by the sex other people are having for just as long. It's an intrinsically human trait and perfectly normal desire. Sure it breaks a few cultural and religious taboos but it doesn't actually harm anybody. Most of the population have tried sex at at some point and many of them survived the experience, some even overcame the initial trauma and tried it a second time I hear.

There are many cultural and religious pressures on people to suppress their natural desires but none of these are founded on any rational basis and most are very slowly being eroded. It's people running around shouting "how terrible, how terrible" that propagates the myth and continue this oppression. Can we not move forwards and feel liberated? Feel happy that we, the humans, have this thing we can do to and for each other that bring us pleasure and feel closer to other people in our lives?

I think better for the mind and more fulfilling for the soul we stop playing this pathetic game where we make people ashamed of doing the things that humans have always done.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:21 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I think you got all carried away with yourself there and misunderstood my post, Charismatic. My issue is with the assholes in the pub who thought it was OK to watch, photograph, film, and post online. Sure, the couple were flouting their company rules but that's for the company to deal with. Sure, they were probably behaving immorally since they were both in other relationships, but that's also nothing to do with anyone other than the four people involved.

I agree it's totally normal and healthy to be interested in sex but it's neither to revel in watching and recording people having sex who are not aware and consenting to the watching ...
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it's totally normal and healthy to be interested in sex but it's neither to revel in watching and recording people having sex who are not aware and consenting to the watching ...
People in glass offices...

People share videos of people doing stupid things all the time, there are whole youtube channels devoted to it. I seem to remember there is a whole episode of TV sitcom friends devoted to them watching someone in another building have sex.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 3:34 am
---

Originally Posted by Charismatic
People in glass offices...

People share videos of people doing stupid things all the time, there are whole youtube channels devoted to it. I seem to remember there is a whole episode of TV sitcom friends devoted to them watching someone in another building have sex.
Are you missing something upstairs? Filming people having sex without their knowledge and then sharing it online is not OK. The people in the bar group-watched and filmed for AN HOUR! That's long beyond a giggle and a bit of harmless arousal.

I don't know if you have kids, Charismatic, but I think in such situations it's always good to ask yourself if your "anything goes" attitude would extend to this happening to your own daughter? Are you aware of just how damaging this will be for a 20 year old woman?!

ETA: mind you, I had to laugh at the subtitle of the Herald Article: Insurance manager, office junior lying low as bosses investigate ...

Last edited by bourbon-biscuit; Feb 4th 2015 at 3:38 am.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 4:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: How to get yourself into trouble

I don't think we're going to find common ground on this so lets just wish the young lady well and hope the Senior Manager can...well it's much more difficult to see this ending well for his marital or work life but maybe he can learn a new language and move somewhere very remote.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

They could make a re-enactment movie I guess