how to get in

Old May 2nd 2012, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

alfiesenglishgardens is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how to get in

Hello people my name is alfie im 24 in July and am currently still living in England.
I wish to relocate to new Zealand asap I have a level 1 diploma in horticulture and and shall recieve a city and guilds certificate in hard landscaping next summer.
I would like to know the opinion of British expats living in New Zealand regarding my chances of getting in.
How easy was it for you? Will I need more qualifications? etc etc.

PS I am a gardener and should I get out there I promise a free day of garden maintenance to the person who's reply I find most helpfull =:-)
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to get in

Originally Posted by alfiesenglishgardens
Hello people my name is alfie im 24 in July and am currently still living in England.
I wish to relocate to new Zealand asap I have a level 1 diploma in horticulture and and shall recieve a city and guilds certificate in hard landscaping next summer.
I would like to know the opinion of British expats living in New Zealand regarding my chances of getting in.

PS I am a gardener and should I get out there I promise a free day of garden maintenance to the person who's reply I find most helpfull =:-)
Welcome to BE.

I am moving your thread over to our New Zealand forum...hopefully our members who post in that forum will be able to answer your questions.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:02 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you need to look at the Immigration website and see if you skills and qualifications will enable you to apply

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

ANZSCO 362213 ( click link) Is this you?

If so , the good news is that it is seen as a skilled occupation. ( Part C) The bad news is that the occupation isn't in shortage here.

You would most likely need a job offer & as this isn't in shortage the NZ employer would need to prove that there was no NZ resident or citizen that could do that job.

Take a look at the NZIS POINTS INDICATOR.

Skilled if
The occupation is included in part C of the List of Skilled Occupations held at Appendix 6 and the principal applicant can demonstrate that their offer of employment or current employment substantially matches the description for that occupation (including core tasks) as set out in the ANZSCO and has either:
  1. at least three years of relevant recognised work experience and a relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, level four on the NZQF (see SM14.5) (a qualification at level four on the NZQF must be a National Certificate or a New Zealand Certificate); or
  2. at least three years of relevant recognised work experience and that current employment or the position in which the employment is offered, has an annual base salary of at least NZ$45,000.Note: For the avoidance of doubt, the annual base salary excludes employment related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances, medical insurance, accommodation) and must be calculated on the basis of 40 hours' work per week.
What level will the C&G be?
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

hi alfie,
there's plenty of work in Titirangi.
I have a mate who runs his own business and has done for many years.
I can ask him if he'd contemplate taking you on if you were here and he needed help.
However, you'd probably need to get here, somehow and see for yourself.
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:33 am
`

Just seen the OP is 24. A working holiday visa would get him here and he would be allowed to do some work under that visa umbrella so could work for your contact.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone who replied that's been very helpfull.
I've added a couple of you to my buddie list :-)
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:55 am
`

I've added a couple of you to my buddie list :-)

Better to post here and help others to help people like you

edit:

Actually do you know what? That stinks.

I'm really quite cross
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

ok will do
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS

Better to post here and help others to help people like you

edit:

Actually do you know what? That stinks.

I'm really quite cross
Agree with you Bevs
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:35 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

What's the buddie list? Never come across that before

Just had a look under my profile. Still doesn't explain what it does though. Think a couple of glasses of wine at a meeting have dulled my brain...

Last edited by Persephone; May 3rd 2012 at 10:37 am. Reason: Hunted it down!
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:42 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
What's the buddie list? Never come across that before

Just had a look under my profile. Still doesn't explain what it does though. Think a couple of glasses of wine at a meeting have dulled my brain...
+1
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:43 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0

all clear now
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Thanks, still not sure I see the point. If I'm going to send a PM it doesn't matter whether they're currently online or not. Or is that just me
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Would i need a work visa or business visa if i came down there and worked self employed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.