Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How gay do I feel...?

How gay do I feel...?

Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:29 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default How gay do I feel...?

Just got off a massive call to my sis back in the UK.

The crapness of life here right now - for the first time ever - came boiling out. And I ended up booing (crying, for all you non-Essex) down the phone.

A grown man. I can only draw one conclusion.

I am the only gay in the village
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:48 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How gay do I feel...?

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Just got off a massive call to my sis back in the UK.

The crapness of life here right now - for the first time ever - came boiling out. And I ended up booing (crying, for all you non-Essex) down the phone.

A grown man. I can only draw one conclusion.

I am the only gay in the village
Cheer up man, no-one likes a sissy...
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:51 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
What are you saying? New Zealand is crap? (we all know that..but there's always the wildlife...I saw dolphins in Wellington Harbour 3 weeks ago)

Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?....And I include Holland....)

Or is it the first Summer Xmas? Shit, isn't it?

New Zealand isn't perfect by any means, but you could do a lot worse.

Last edited by Avid; Dec 21st 2007 at 10:56 am.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?)

Amsterdam or Hamburg
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:56 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
Or is it the first Summer Xmas? Shit, isn't it?
yeah, wrapping Christmas pressies in my shorts is un-natural.
Maybe we're all realising that NZ is just an annexe to the Valleys???
Lots of things in common between here and the Land of Our Fathers,,,, or am I just mad?? BTW, me mother's parents were Welsh so I should be able to adjust to life here..................................
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:00 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?)

Amsterdam or Hamburg
Hmmm.....Hamburg maybe, but Holland isn't as liberal as some people think...
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Avid
Hmmm.....Hamburg maybe, but Holland isn't as liberal as some people think...
Amsterdam is ok for liberal types, yes the rest of Holland is quite conservative.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:09 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with a grown man crying?! (obviously nothing else you wouldn't have posted about it on here, lol!!!)

There's nowt wrong with showing your emotions - it isn't a female exclusive zone - and in my humble opinion it takes more of a man to be open about his feelings, so good on ya.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it Andy, you're such a nice, genuine guy. Am sure it'll all come right for you. There's always a beer in the bar fridge with your name on it. Chin up mate.

(Toni please check Andy's wardrobe for pink shirts, shorts with flowers on, etc )
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Too right, I've had a public blub here that I wouldn't have dared manage back in the UK - really get stuff out of your system.
BTW< why are we all still up, good Kiwis would have been in bed 4 hrs ago!!!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
What's wrong with a grown man crying?!
'The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy that you can contain'
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:25 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

That's deep for the wee small hours
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:30 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
yeah, wrapping Christmas pressies in my shorts is un-natural.
Maybe we're all realising that NZ is just an annexe to the Valleys???
Lots of things in common between here and the Land of Our Fathers,,,, or am I just mad?? BTW, me mother's parents were Welsh so I should be able to adjust to life here..................................
I use wrapping paper.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Nerine
I use wrapping paper.
hey I was waiting for that one..........
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

That's deep for the wee small hours
that's OK cause shallow old me is off to bed, nite each.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:20 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with a grown man crying?! (obviously nothing else you wouldn't have posted about it on here, lol!!!)

There's nowt wrong with showing your emotions - it isn't a female exclusive zone - and in my humble opinion it takes more of a man to be open about his feelings, so good on ya.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it Andy, you're such a nice, genuine guy. Am sure it'll all come right for you. There's always a beer in the bar fridge with your name on it. Chin up mate.

(Toni please check Andy's wardrobe for pink shirts, shorts with flowers on, etc )
Completely agree!

Mate, blub all you need to. I know you're happy to be gone from Essex (rather a large exodus from there these days, it seems ) and it's perfectly normal and natural to miss friends and family. Friends you can make here, the Kiwis I've met are all extremely friendly and approachable. Family... well you can't replace them. Of course you'll miss them.

Come 'ere you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.