British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   How gay do I feel...? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-gay-do-i-feel-501023/)

Wiz'n'Ton Dec 21st 2007 10:29 am

How gay do I feel...?

Just got off a massive call to my sis back in the UK.

The crapness of life here right now - for the first time ever - came boiling out. And I ended up booing (crying, for all you non-Essex) down the phone.

A grown man. I can only draw one conclusion.

I am the only gay in the village

Andrew Cross Dec 21st 2007 10:48 am

Re: How gay do I feel...?

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5691883)
Just got off a massive call to my sis back in the UK.

The crapness of life here right now - for the first time ever - came boiling out. And I ended up booing (crying, for all you non-Essex) down the phone.

A grown man. I can only draw one conclusion.

I am the only gay in the village

Cheer up man, no-one likes a sissy...:lol:

Avid Dec 21st 2007 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 5691883)

What are you saying? New Zealand is crap? (we all know that..but there's always the wildlife...I saw dolphins in Wellington Harbour 3 weeks ago)

Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?....And I include Holland....)

Or is it the first Summer Xmas? Shit, isn't it?

New Zealand isn't perfect by any means, but you could do a lot worse.

lizard Dec 21st 2007 10:53 am

Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?)

Amsterdam or Hamburg

lardyl Dec 21st 2007 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Avid (Post 5691927)
Or is it the first Summer Xmas? Shit, isn't it?

yeah, wrapping Christmas pressies in my shorts is un-natural.
Maybe we're all realising that NZ is just an annexe to the Valleys???
Lots of things in common between here and the Land of Our Fathers,,,, or am I just mad?? BTW, me mother's parents were Welsh so I should be able to adjust to life here..................................

Avid Dec 21st 2007 11:00 am

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 5691930)
Or you've just realised that you are gay? (Is there a better place to be gay than NZ?)

Amsterdam or Hamburg

Hmmm.....Hamburg maybe, but Holland isn't as liberal as some people think...

lizard Dec 21st 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Avid (Post 5691948)
Hmmm.....Hamburg maybe, but Holland isn't as liberal as some people think...

Amsterdam is ok for liberal types, yes the rest of Holland is quite conservative.

TeamEmbo Dec 21st 2007 11:09 am

What's wrong with a grown man crying?! :sneaky: (obviously nothing else you wouldn't have posted about it on here, lol!!!)

There's nowt wrong with showing your emotions - it isn't a female exclusive zone - and in my humble opinion it takes more of a man to be open about his feelings, so good on ya.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it Andy, you're such a nice, genuine guy. Am sure it'll all come right for you. There's always a beer in the bar fridge with your name on it. Chin up mate.

(Toni please check Andy's wardrobe for pink shirts, shorts with flowers on, etc :unsure:)

lardyl Dec 21st 2007 11:14 am

Too right, I've had a public blub here that I wouldn't have dared manage back in the UK - really get stuff out of your system.
BTW< why are we all still up, good Kiwis would have been in bed 4 hrs ago!!! :lol:

Avid Dec 21st 2007 11:23 am

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5691964)
What's wrong with a grown man crying?!

'The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy that you can contain'

TeamEmbo Dec 21st 2007 11:25 am

That's deep for the wee small hours

Nerine Dec 21st 2007 11:30 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 5691938)
yeah, wrapping Christmas pressies in my shorts is un-natural.
Maybe we're all realising that NZ is just an annexe to the Valleys???
Lots of things in common between here and the Land of Our Fathers,,,, or am I just mad?? BTW, me mother's parents were Welsh so I should be able to adjust to life here..................................

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I use wrapping paper.

lardyl Dec 21st 2007 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Nerine (Post 5692007)
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I use wrapping paper.

hey I was waiting for that one..........:lol:

lardyl Dec 21st 2007 11:31 am

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5692001)
That's deep for the wee small hours

that's OK cause shallow old me is off to bed, nite each.

Maz Dec 21st 2007 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 5691964)
What's wrong with a grown man crying?! :sneaky: (obviously nothing else you wouldn't have posted about it on here, lol!!!)

There's nowt wrong with showing your emotions - it isn't a female exclusive zone - and in my humble opinion it takes more of a man to be open about his feelings, so good on ya.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it Andy, you're such a nice, genuine guy. Am sure it'll all come right for you. There's always a beer in the bar fridge with your name on it. Chin up mate.

(Toni please check Andy's wardrobe for pink shirts, shorts with flowers on, etc :unsure:)

Completely agree! :thumbup:

Mate, blub all you need to. I know you're happy to be gone from Essex (rather a large exodus from there these days, it seems ;) ) and it's perfectly normal and natural to miss friends and family. Friends you can make here, the Kiwis I've met are all extremely friendly and approachable. Family... well you can't replace them. Of course you'll miss them.

Come 'ere you! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...debate/hug.gif