Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How furnished are furnished rentals?

How furnished are furnished rentals?

Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:14 am
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough
Default How furnished are furnished rentals?

Sorry if this seems a daft q. Gf & I are off to NZ for a year at least in Jan. We intend to rent a furnished place. We are planning to stick all our kitchen stuff etc in storage in the UK but I just thought - are rentals in NZ the same as in the UK? Do they generally include pots/pans/knives forks plus all the normal furniture that we would expect here from a rental? If not we should be considering shipping rather than storage

Cheers in advance, Nick
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice
Default Re: How furnished are furnished rentals?

I am doing the same thing in jan as well, but its hard to find out what is included. As far as I am aware in a non furnished house you still get cooker and some white goods.

However ,I am not sure about furnished all I know is all rentals I have seen, (on the net) only one gave furnished as an option. They all seem to be non furnished.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nick99
Sorry if this seems a daft q. Gf & I are off to NZ for a year at least in Jan. We intend to rent a furnished place. We are planning to stick all our kitchen stuff etc in storage in the UK but I just thought - are rentals in NZ the same as in the UK? Do they generally include pots/pans/knives forks plus all the normal furniture that we would expect here from a rental? If not we should be considering shipping rather than storage

Cheers in advance, Nick
non-furnished you pretty much only get an oven.
semi-furnished/ whiteware included you get fridge freezer, washing machine etc
furnished is furnised..but furnished properties are not prevalent...most properties are rented unfurnished, some semi furnished and only a few furnished..
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:56 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly whiteware is included, especially a dishwasher and cooker. The washing machine is generally better to ask about. Even something stated as unfurn has these things. Furnished usually means everything, all you need are your clothes. Unfurn also means no pots and pans, etcs.

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers in advance, Nick
Hi,

We have been in 3 rentals now. 2 furnished and 1 non furnished. The furnished came complete, whiteware, garden furniture, cutlery and everything needed in the kitchen, bed linen etc Basically just move in.
The non furnished has a cooker but thats it. Also it has curtains and blinds. Thats about it.
Hope this helps
Ash
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers in advance, Nick
hi nick,jacky here...

we are in furnished accomodation and it comes with everything,including cutlery,crocery....didn't need to add anything...we have put our furniture in storage to,just till we are sure what we are doing in the future....
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As it is for a year, have you thought of home sitting ?

HOME SIT

HOUSE SITTING

gives you the idea. This would be far cheaper than a furnished rental. You look after the house and gardens. There should be nothing to pay - or it should be very minimal. Mostly the owners are away travelling overseas. We know a Kiwi couple that house sat for a year and another couple that house sit all the time.

Unfurnished rental will mean only white goods are included.

Furnished rentals should mean all-in.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:55 am
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the replies. House sitting is interesting idea!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mate, it is a sound idea and very common here and in Oz.