how far is....

Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

giraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the rough
Default how far is....

rumuera from glendowie/st heliers???

Got friends in glen/st heliers but like the look of rumuera for the schools but just wondering how far apart they are in terms of driving time? i'm presuming they're not walkable?

thanks peeps
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:46 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how far is....

Originally Posted by giraffe
rumuera from glendowie/st heliers???

Got friends in glen/st heliers but like the look of rumuera for the schools but just wondering how far apart they are in terms of driving time? i'm presuming they're not walkable?

thanks peeps
Hi there. No, not really walkable (unless you're out for a power walk) but not far. Here's a link to school zones - if you enter an address you see which schools are in that zone. http://www.schoolzones.co.nz/enrolmentzones/Search.aspx

It's a 10 minute drive from Remuera to St Heliers on a Sunday afternoon. I've got a lot of information on these areas so give me a shout if you want more specifics.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

giraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the roughgiraffe is a jewel in the rough

thanks batty. Do you live around there - if so whats it like - is it still quite easy to get to the beaches from there?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:02 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks batty. Do you live around there - if so whats it like - is it still quite easy to get to the beaches from there?
Hi Giraffe. No, we live on the Shore but I work for a real estate agent and Remuera/St Heliers/Glendowie/Mission Bay is her area.

St Heliers - Tamaki Drive http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Auckland/Sa...2rpws/70hyx/0/

Glendowie - Riddell Road
http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Auckland/Gl.../Riddell+Road/

Remuera - Benson Road/Arney Road/ (very expensive in relation to the other two but all of that area is in Grammar Zone)
http://www.wises.co.nz/l/Auckland/Re...2rktl/70f75/0/

Have a look at Meadowbank - there are a few streets that are less than salubrious, shall we say? but if you see something you like I can find out what the area is like for you.

Meant to say - nowhere is very far from the beach in Auckland - maybe a 20 minute drive in some places but it's usually nearer to 10! :-)
Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

.....like the look of rumuera for the schools but just wondering how far apart they are in terms of driving time? .....
As Batty mentioned Remuera is a bye-word for conservative, very well-to-do Auckland.......so their classmates might consider your kids "oiks" if they live out of zone or you don't drive a Chelsea Tractor.....or daddy isn't an exceptionally wealthy chinese businessman.....

FYI, There are lots of buses ferrying kids around Auckland, and a few of them are there as I often used to pick my way through that part of town at the "wrong" time.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

You can also look at Mission Bay or Orakei where there are some great places close to the beach, really depends on your budget. The infant and junior schools are great in these areas but the older children usually travel to schools outside the area like Remuera or Newmarket.

I travel to the CBD from Mission Bay each day in rush hour and it takes 15 minutes (20 if there has been an accident).
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:05 pm
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by nero
You can also look at Mission Bay or Orakei where there are some great places close to the beach, really depends on your budget. The infant and junior schools are great in these areas but the older children usually travel to schools outside the area like Remuera or Newmarket.

I travel to the CBD from Mission Bay each day in rush hour and it takes 15 minutes (20 if there has been an accident).
Yep - I did think of those areas too - it's gorgeous out there. Lucky you