How far is it?

Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of
Default Re: How far is it?

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Ah Meadow Mushrooms, just up the road(as most of Prebbleton is). They are just opposite the Mobil garage, I work at the other one-used to be a BP, but the pumps got taken away last year so its just a garage now-no fuel.
Meadows I would say are the largest employer in what is in the main a village as already mentioned.
When I got the job we looked briefly at houses in Prebbleton but they are expensive, very nice but pricey! The houses in Stonebridge Way are very very nice. Prebbleton primary school seems fairly well thought of and is not that big. There are two new sub-divisions being built at the moment so the place is expanding all the time.
We live in Halswell and it suits us fine. It takes me 6 mins to drive to work on the back road. Our son goes to Halswell school which is very well thought of and well attended.
pm us if you want to come round for a coffee and a chat when you are over and I'll give you our details.
good luck.
Lee & Vicki
PM sent, thankyou for the info also
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:18 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou Ton for that.
I have done the google earth thing, very cool.
How do you mean Meadows are one of your clients? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

They come to our company when they need temporary staff to help in their stores and despatch areas.

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
If my OH gets the job then we will plan a week here as any longer I will miss my youngest daughter as she wont be coming. Hopefully we will be rent our house in the UK for a year so will be looking for a rental to begin with, just wanted to narrow it down a bit so we can rule out a few.
Hopefully may know something about whether he has the job in a couple of days so it might be or heres hoping
As Joshlin's said, Halswell is a fanastic starter for 10 - both for rentals and to live. Their place is flippin lovely!

Good luck with it all. Renting your house in the UK is a good thing to do (we are currently doing that too) and lets you dip your toe in the property water here. We've just been out to see our section in Rolleston - it's lovely!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Hmm I'm warming to Halswell. I think some research may be needed
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:41 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Hmm I'm warming to Halswell. I think some research may be needed
Go for it! My boss lives there (just around the corner from Joshlin) and loves it. The primary school there has a great rep, and people move into the area to get their kids into it. Some great new houses there too. If you can budget around the $550k mark, you'll get a wonderful place.

Good luck!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

I think we will have a look at Halswell for sure if we visit. Looks lovely and I think we will be able to afford around 500k so it looks promising. I have seen some lovely houses for 400-450k so thats even better (within our budget). Just got to wait for the decision on the job now. Fingers crossed.