Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How do you feel today?

How do you feel today?

Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:34 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you feel today?

I am well and feel quite excited about our pending New Zealand visit in January.

Im really looking forwards to having a good old nosey around the places I have only ever seen a picture of.

What are the people like?

Is it warm and sunny?

Do people live any differently?

What does the place feel like?

Are the children any happier than here?

However the more I think about the prospect of emergrating to New Zealand the more unlikey I think it will happen. I want to emmergrate but I think someplace in Euroland might be the wiser option for our family. But.......... New Zealand has a certain appeal

So basically I am one confused cookie
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: How do you feel today?

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I am well and feel quite excited about our pending New Zealand visit in January.

Im really looking forwards to having a good old nosey around the places I have only ever seen a picture of.

Is it warm and sunny?

However the more I think about the prospect of emergrating to New Zealand the more unlikey I think it will happen. I want to emmergrate but I think someplace in Euroland might be the wiser option for our family. But.......... New Zealand has a certain appeal

What are the people like? superficially friendly - hard to make "real" friends though

Is it warm and sunny? - no!

Do people live any differently? - fundamentally no, pub culture doesnt really exist, in some parts it is considered "odd" to go to the pub on a schoolnight

What does the place feel like? 1970s britain

Are the children any happier than here? they seem more confident and articulate - dont know about happier - i have no experience to draw on there
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Is it warm and sunny?

Jack are you a Gemini!!!!!

You sound like you're trying to talk yourself out of going AGAIN!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:48 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Jack are you a Gemini!!!!!

You sound like you're trying to talk yourself out of going AGAIN!!!!
Nah, Im a Sagatarius hell bent on self destruction and financial ruin. And you?
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:52 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta share this with you!!! My 12 year old has just walked into the room.

"MUM I'VE JUST HAD A WICKED IDEA"

"WOT"?

" IF WE BUY A FARM , WOULD YOU PAY ME TO WORK ON IT"?!!!!!!!!!!!!

" i only want $50 a week"!!!!!!!!!

Unless we won the Euro Millions last night and nobody told me, we won't be owning a farm and I had kids for the free labour!!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Nah, Im a Sagatarius hell bent on self destruction and financial ruin. And you?

I am a gemini and seeing as you're my opposite sign it makes sense!!!

I talk myself out of it on an hourly basis some days! But still determined we're going. Buy yourself a can of Can Do next time you're on Ebay!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:55 am
Banned

Gotta share this with you!!! My 12 year old has just walked into the room.

"MUM I'VE JUST HAD A WICKED IDEA"

"WOT"?

" IF WE BUY A FARM , WOULD YOU PAY ME TO WORK ON IT"?!!!!!!!!!!!!

" i only want $50 a week"!!!!!!!!!

Unless we won the Euro Millions last night and nobody told me, we won't be owning a farm and I had kids for the free labour!!!!!!!
Send her to work for Pixie-Dust she has a farm
Old Nov 11th 2006, 9:57 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Send her to work for Pixie-Dust she has a farm

This is sarah's daughter!!!!! I'd quite happily work for pixi-dust. How quickly can she get me out there? LOL
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

This is sarah's daughter!!!!! I'd quite happily work for pixi-dust. How quickly can she get me out there? LOL
Well she is just about to buy a Donkey so let me think

Donkey walks 3-4 MPH so lets say 3.5MPH

So 12000/3.5MPH = 3430 hours

Thats 143 days 24 hours a day :scared:

So pack plenty of under-wear with lots of padding

Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

How do I feel today?? ermmm.... fat!

What are the people like? Most seem ok.. my friends are all British Expats though.

Is it warm and sunny? Fed up with this weather... its been like living in England for weeks now. I cant remember the last time we had a sunny day. Summer is only just around the corner.... last year we had beautiful days in the springtime but this year its been so different.

Do people live any differently? People seem a bit more laid back here.... out here anyway.

What does the place feel like? Wet and humid..... lol.....

Are the children any happier than here? My son was only 19 months when we moved so its hard to say but theres plenty of parks for him to play in around here.... even in Auckland there was plenty of parks and reserves.

Sorry to moan but I'm a person who enjoys the sunshine, get depressed when its weeks and weeks of dull cloud.... and try having to stay inside with a just turned 3 year old.... argh!!!! :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:08 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

haha! what are you lot like!

JD ( oh like as in Scrubs!!) are you changing your mind?

still no donkey - none to be had for love or money
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:32 am
Banned

JD ( oh like as in Scrubs!!) are you changing your mind?[/QUOTE]

Im swinging (no, not that way ) from yes lets do it, to lets stay. I am also toying with France. But we will obviously know better after our trip

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
still no donkey - none to be had for love or money
What about a horse?

Still as 4 legs and shits all over
Old Nov 12th 2006, 7:36 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

JD ( oh like as in Scrubs!!) are you changing your mind?
Im swinging (no, not that way ) from yes lets do it, to lets stay. I am also toying with France. But we will obviously know better after our trip

What about a horse?

Still as 4 legs and shits all over [/QUOTE]
we have 2 already - not ours but look after them, its a nostalgia thing ( and eating thistles thing)

Oh decisions decisions!!!!