British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   how did they know i was in nz? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/how-did-they-know-i-nz-392222/)

Sugo Aug 23rd 2006 9:08 am

how did they know i was in nz?

Ok so ive sent off my next request for my police info for immigration NZ as my work visa has run out, and sent it to my parents address to pass it on, didnt think i needed to put my new zealand address

but they sent it back asking for my nz address anf further info

how did they know im in new zealand

scary

Jac&Adie Aug 23rd 2006 4:46 pm

Re: how did they know i was in nz?

Originally Posted by Sugo
Ok so ive sent off my next request for my police info for immigration NZ as my work visa has run out, and sent it to my parents address to pass it on, didnt think i needed to put my new zealand address

but they sent it back asking for my nz address anf further info

how did they know im in new zealand

scary

Its probably got something to do with them scanning your passport at airport immigration when you arrived - usless someone smuggled you in of course.

Adie

Sugo Aug 23rd 2006 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Its probably got something to do with them scanning your passport at airport immigration when you arrived - usless someone smuggled you in of course.

Adie

ssssssssshhhhhhhh

dont tell them im here its a secret.

they brought me in on a Waka from England

Jac&Adie Aug 23rd 2006 6:55 pm

ssssssssshhhhhhhh

dont tell them im here its a secret.

they brought me in on a Waka from England

ok your secret is safe with me ;)

karonious Aug 23rd 2006 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
ok your secret is safe with me ;)

Didn't they mention the homing device planted during your medical?

Sugo Aug 25th 2006 6:54 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Didn't they mention the homing device planted during your medical?

yeah wondered what that ws in my left hand, hacked it off and flushed it down the loo, but it got stuck and using a toilet plunger with one hand isnt that good.

im buggered eh

thebears Aug 25th 2006 8:15 am

yeah wondered what that ws in my left hand, hacked it off and flushed it down the loo, but it got stuck and using a toilet plunger with one hand isnt that good.

im buggered eh

take it you are feeling much better than a few weeks (probably months now) back?

There is a restaurant's up the road from us named after your good self :D

danny.f Aug 25th 2006 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by thebears
take it you are feeling much better than a few weeks (probably months now) back?

There is a restaurant's up the road from us named after your good self :D

What? Norman?

thebears Aug 25th 2006 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
What? Norman?

Sugo had some health issues a few months back

sky Aug 25th 2006 10:34 pm

Nice to see you on here Sugo :) , how life treating you now.

Sugo Aug 26th 2006 1:42 am

Originally Posted by sky
Nice to see you on here Sugo :) , how life treating you now.

im good thanks, had a delightful bout of Gyardia, was really nice the idea of parasites eating my insides, all gone now, can now eat dairy products, and i can lie on my stomach without feeling like ive been shot in the stomach

Still in kiwiland, now living with a fella, hes kiwi but has British parents, and hes from the south island so has a nice mix of genes.

other than that its going well,

cold, but well, life is good, not really struggling, eating out too much, drinking too much, and not working enough, have six days off so far.

not saving much money either, but am going to buy a house next year, and even if i move to Oz for a while will rent out my house to pay itself ,

scary this growing up lark eh.

cottageinthesky Aug 26th 2006 2:10 am

im buggered eh

Think that depends on where they planted the homing device!

sky Aug 26th 2006 5:19 am

im good thanks, had a delightful bout of Gyardia, was really nice the idea of parasites eating my insides, all gone now, can now eat dairy products, and i can lie on my stomach without feeling like ive been shot in the stomach

Still in kiwiland, now living with a fella, hes kiwi but has British parents, and hes from the south island so has a nice mix of genes.

other than that its going well,

cold, but well, life is good, not really struggling, eating out too much, drinking too much, and not working enough, have six days off so far.

not saving much money either, but am going to buy a house next year, and even if i move to Oz for a while will rent out my house to pay itself ,

scary this growing up lark eh.

Sounds like a good idea to buy a house Sugo, also getting someone to pay the mortgage by renting it out must feel good :D .
Were renting at the moment and I hate the fact that its dead money but we've bought land and thats increasing in value all the time, once we get our little house on it it'll hopefully be worth quite a bit more as well.
Glad your happy in NZ now, it takes a while to get settled doesn't it.

Sugo Aug 26th 2006 6:35 am

Originally Posted by sky
Sounds like a good idea to buy a house Sugo, also getting someone to pay the mortgage by renting it out must feel good :D .
Were renting at the moment and I hate the fact that its dead money but we've bought land and thats increasing in value all the time, once we get our little house on it it'll hopefully be worth quite a bit more as well.
Glad your happy in NZ now, it takes a while to get settled doesn't it.

yeah it does, still have the same worries as the UK like money at what not, but its easier to survive on a nurses wage hear than in the UK, im currently renting a 3 bedroom town house, right on the main street, the good end, and it costs 350 pounds per a month

cant get it that cheap in the UK.