How to change NZ?

Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:23 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of
Default Re: How to change NZ?

Originally Posted by Campbells
The attitude of not wanting to hear that there is room for improvement is itself a major problem.
Reminds me of a quote by John Cleese, I believe (he really has a thing for NZ):
"If you suggest to a Kiwi that there might be a better way of doing something, they look at you like you're mad"
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:55 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fnord
Reminds me of a quote by John Cleese, I believe (he really has a thing for NZ):
"If you suggest to a Kiwi that there might be a better way of doing something, they look at you like you're mad"
Did J C say that ?

I guess it could be a difficult one as J C has a S O H that maybe not so easy for many Kiwis to understand.

John Cleese lost a lot of his following in Scotland because he said something derogatory about the Scots. Fish Called Wanda wasn’t released in the cinemas in Scotland.

I know there were a few stutter and cruelty to tropical fish societies were up in arms about the content of the movie.

I know the Germans banned Faulty Towers because of his “don’t mention the war” lines.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:39 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Fish Called Wanda wasn’t released in the cinemas in Scotland.
I distinctly remember watching it in an Edinburgh cinema.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:57 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking to MrsL reminded me that there were a couple of other recent road deaths she knew of where alcohol was involved.
So to add to you list Soupy, on the traffic/road deaths thing - someone needs to do a UK-style job on drinking & driving and make it socially unacceptable (I know that it is starting) - perhaps Friday "drinks" coud be de-incentivised?
I was congratulated by a workmate for getting the bus home once when I was not fit to stand for any length of time never mind operate machinery.......that had me worried!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:34 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I distinctly remember watching it in an Edinburgh cinema.
Hold on for some links, I'm sure you'll be proven wrong.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:19 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by southerner
Isn't that the one with the chips dipped in tomato sauce up the nose?

Definitely Edinburgh Odeon.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Isn't that the one with the chips dipped in tomato sauce up the nose?

Definitely Edinburgh Odeon.
Chips up the nose, that was certainly Fish called Wanda
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Chips up the nose, that was certainly Fish called Wanda
I'd be amazed if it didn't open in Scotland ....I mean who was going to stop it and surely I'd remember that? As for John Cleese, can't the Scottish take a joke then?......He rather pokes fun at the English too and we still laugh....or at least I do.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:50 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I'd be amazed if it didn't open in Scotland ....I mean who was going to stop it
Oh you'd be surprised!!...

We lived for a while on the Isle of Lewis on a croft when I was a girl and during our time on the island 'Jesus Christ Superstar' was released...the local cinema advertised that they were going to show it...they were warned that if they did they would be shut down...they showed it anyway...and they were shut down.... (I've never forgotten that!!)
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:38 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by southerner
Hey ,

If I put any links up here I'll be banned by the mod squad

Actually no links required

Of course the movie was screened in Scotland

It was my Scottish SOH

Just testing to see who would get it

Don't tell me you tried Googling for Cruelty to Tropical Fish or Stutter Soc

If there is one thing I miss about the UK it is the humour.

If you look up the word gullible in the Scottish edition of the Collins English dictionary is does not exist.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Oh you'd be surprised!!...

We lived for a while on the Isle of Lewis on a croft when I was a girl and during our time on the island 'Jesus Christ Superstar' was released...the local cinema advertised that they were going to show it...they were warned that if they did they would be shut down...they showed it anyway...and they were shut down.... (I've never forgotten that!!)
We also lived on Lewis for a while,

Leurbost

It’s funny, if there is one place I would love to go is there. Oh yeah, the locals there are a tad funny

I took my friend from Germany around the UK in 92 and we ended up in the Outer Hebrides, it blew his mind.

My brother was there in 2003 and took heaps of pictures and it look pretty much the same except the houses are all very modern looking, no more black houses. All mod cons.

Heard it was getting very popular as a get away from it all destination.

Haven’t been to Dunedin yet but kinda of imagine that to be the same.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lardyl
Speaking to MrsL reminded me that there were a couple of other recent road deaths she knew of where alcohol was involved.
So to add to you list Soupy, on the traffic/road deaths thing - someone needs to do a UK-style job on drinking & driving and make it socially unacceptable (I know that it is starting) - perhaps Friday "drinks" coud be de-incentivised?
I was congratulated by a workmate for getting the bus home once when I was not fit to stand for any length of time never mind operate machinery.......that had me worried!
It’s the alien from New Zealand’s list

Southerner

His thread, not mine
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:30 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

We also lived on Lewis for a while,

Leurbost

It’s funny, if there is one place I would love to go is there. Oh yeah, the locals there are a tad funny

I took my friend from Germany around the UK in 92 and we ended up in the Outer Hebrides, it blew his mind.

My brother was there in 2003 and took heaps of pictures and it look pretty much the same except the houses are all very modern looking, no more black houses. All mod cons.

Heard it was getting very popular as a get away from it all destination.

Haven’t been to Dunedin yet but kinda of imagine that to be the same.
We were in Stornoway (about 3 miles out of town)...and yes, the locals are a tad funny but lovable!!...I'm trying to persuade OH and kids to go over the water for a visit this summer but I fear I am wasting my time!!...

And yes, you were quite right when you said in an earlier post that you should compare NZ to Stornoway not London!!...(We were there around '76/'78 and I suspect it may have changed a little since then but not much if the locals have anything to do with it)...
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
We were in Stornoway (about 3 miles out of town)...and yes, the locals are a tad funny but lovable!!...I'm trying to persuade OH and kids to go over the water for a visit this summer but I fear I am wasting my time!!...

And yes, you were quite right when you said in an earlier post that you should compare NZ to Stornoway not London!!...(We were there around '76/'78 and I suspect it may have changed a little since then but not much if the locals have anything to do with it)...:lol:
I take it you mean NZ
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:42 pm
Don't let me get me....

I take it you mean NZ

lol...no I meant Stornoway!!!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.