How to change NZ?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:04 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to change NZ?

Originally Posted by Campbells
I have started a few threads on this forum regarding evident problems in NZ but most folk ( including you ) blasted me and in most responses told me that the UK and Australia has problems also and the problem is my negative character.
If I have expressed views about your character then I would be surprised, although I'm sure you're right that others will have [There are some really nasty people all over the web these days.] I think I once commended you on your fortitude - I've regretted it ever since. However, its no secret that I have raised your way of saying things as an issue. I hoped it might be taken as constructive criticism.

Anyway, we're digressing and this jousting will only ever end up in the usual outcome.

On a not so serious note, does anybody know how easy it would be to set up an Immigrants for Progress political party - we would need to get 5% of the vote to get a party list seat, or alternatively we could focus on winning a single electorate. Which is most winnable - one on the North Shore, or Tauranga. Tauranga would be interesting (for obvious reasons) up against old Winston. Perhaps Nice Guy could fly back to be our charismatic leader

We could agree our manifesto by poll.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:09 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southerner
If I have expressed views about your character then I would be surprised, although I'm sure you're right that others will have [There are some really nasty people all over the web these days.] <snip>.
Hey Southerner that's a bit uncalled for isn't it if you have issues with Campbells do it in a PM, don't name call.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:12 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I'm in favour of flooding the country with Mexicans. There happens to be a severe shortage of proper corn tortillas in this country.
And while we're at lets target a few more Punjabis, Bangladeshis or Brummies - we need proper British curries.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:14 am
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by Nerine
Hey Southerner that's a bit uncalled for isn't it if you have issues with Campbells do it in a PM, don't name call.
??
I think you have totally misread that one. Try again.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:22 am

Don't pull the disingenuous thing with me Southerner.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:26 am
Here in Dunedin

If Campbells or the mods think I've name called I'll apologise and edit my post. Can't say fairer than that.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:30 am

You do exactly what your conscience tells you to do .
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:46 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

And while we're at lets target a few more Punjabis, Bangladeshis or Brummies - we need proper British curries.
OK with me.

Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:24 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

If Campbells or the mods think I've name called I'll apologise and edit my post. Can't say fairer than that.
I don't have a problem with your comments so far
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:00 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Hey Southerner

Here you go

Something for your pet project

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10499176

Problem:

How to get the youth that are being allowed to kill themselves on the roads here – STOPPED.

Solution options:

• Get people to recognise there is a problem that needs attention – and fast.

• Compulsory insurance that is rated according to the drivers’ age, road skills and the power of their vehicle. After market modifications to the vehicle require an additional insurance inspection, compliance and will equate to higher rates.

• Stricter policing, that is anything that is better than the current invisible police force we have.

• Raise the driving age limit.

• Jail term sentencing for alcohol & driving related prosecutions. No more pizza & cotton wool.

• Speed bumps in all residential areas that are known to have hoon problems.

• New Zealand to upgrade their road system to this century if they are to have cars from this century driving on them in the hands of teenagers.

But first on the list:
• AN ENFORCED, REDUCED speed limits around all schools, pre-schools and children’s’ play areas.

Working solutions already in place that can be mirrored:
Many of the debates on this forum point to other countries and say well it happens there. So I will play that card – the UK.

Take example from the UK driving standards and approach to these matters it is a working example. In my opinion it works because the police and public don’t accept less
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:17 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Hey Southerner

Here you go

Problem:

How to get the youth that are being allowed to kill themselves on the roads here – STOPPED.

Solution options:

• Get people to recognise there is a problem that needs attention – and fast. Agreed

• Compulsory insurance that is rated according to the drivers’ age, road skills and the power of their vehicle. After market modifications to the vehicle require an additional insurance inspection, compliance and will equate to higher rates. Agreed

• Stricter policing, that is anything that is better than the current invisible police force we have. Police force invisible due to a severe shortage

• Raise the driving age limit. Won't happen

• Jail term sentencing for alcohol & driving related prosecutions. No more pizza & cotton wool. well ...... one rule for all then ?

• Speed bumps in all residential areas that are known to have hoon problems. Cost ?

• New Zealand to upgrade their road system to this century if they are to have cars from this century driving on them in the hands of teenagers. again, cost ?

But first on the list:
• AN ENFORCED, REDUCED speed limits around all schools, pre-schools and children’s’ play areas. This is happening, I've noticed the ads as well as seeing police outside schools with there speed guns
Many of the debates on this forum point to other countries and say well it happens there. So I will play that card – the UK.

Take example from the UK driving standards and approach to these matters it is a working example. In my opinion it works because the police and public don’t accept less but there is a problem with 'boy racers' in the south coast and they seem not to do much about it. Though there is not the 'boy racer' problem in the UK as it is here, they do have however a big teen drink / chav problem
replies in red above, good points on some.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty poigniant for us as MrsL works with the sister of one of the kids killed last night on the Auckland roads. RIP.

Will thnk later about a response to the well thought out OP

Last edited by lardyl; Mar 19th 2008 at 9:43 am.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:44 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
replies in red above, good points on some.

Hey Southerner

Here you go

Problem:

Solution options:

• Get people to recognise there is a problem that needs attention – and fast. Agreed

• Compulsory insurance that is rated according to the drivers’ age, road skills and the power of their vehicle. After market modifications to the vehicle require an additional insurance inspection, compliance and will equate to higher rates. Agreed

• Stricter policing, that is anything that is better than the current invisible police force we have. Police force invisible due to a severe shortage

• Raise the driving age limit. Won't happen

• Jail term sentencing for alcohol & driving related prosecutions. No more pizza & cotton wool. well ...... one rule for all then ?

• Speed bumps in all residential areas that are known to have hoon problems. Cost ?

• New Zealand to upgrade their road system to this century if they are to have cars from this century driving on them in the hands of teenagers. again, cost ?

But first on the list:
• AN ENFORCED, REDUCED speed limits around all schools, pre-schools and children’s’ play areas.

This is happening, I've noticed the ads as well as seeing police outside schools with there speed guns

Take example from the UK driving standards and approach to these matters it is a working example. In my opinion it works because the police and public don’t accept less but there is a problem with 'boy racers' in the south coast and they seem not to do much about it. Though there is not the 'boy racer' problem in the UK as it is here, they do have however a big teen drink / chav problem
As I said

Please take note - The title of the thread is

HOW TO CHANGE NZ

Pointing fingers at what is or is not in UK is the reason you moved back to New Zealand

Face it head-on

With reagrds to your "cost" comments on why it can't be done

Look at it as an investment

Life-saving investment

Make the country a better place investment

Does that change the outlook or will you still say

"It can't be done"

Ted, who is the negative one here
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:56 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

It's realism.

Obviously this money is popping out of mid air to put all these matters right
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
It's realism.

Obviously this money is popping out of mid air to put all these matters right

There’s that negative streak again mate

Just think how much money there WOULD BE if insurance was compulsory

Probably pay for decent roads AND a decent police presence

And that is just taking the GST component into account

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.