Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How are Brits Regarded?

How are Brits Regarded?

Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:06 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How are Brits Regarded?

Q: How are Brits regarded?
A: Like humans...
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Matewx
Q: How are Brits regarded?
A: Like humans...
That is all anyone could ask for
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:47 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilester
That is all anyone could ask for
You'd be surprised

I just wanted to drop my 2cents worth n a bit of sarcasm...
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd be surprised

I just wanted to drop my 2cents worth n a bit of sarcasm...
I'm watching you ...
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:06 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'm watching you ...
Isn't that your job anyway???

Am glad that Wilester took it with a smile
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:20 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
me too. We've been treated with nothing but friendliness and kindness from the kiwis here.
me too.......
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all

Isn't that your job anyway???

Am glad that Wilester took it with a smile
lol i always do
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilester
One of the first questions that spring to mind for me is how are Brits or any other migrants regarded by Kiwis.

The wife and i are very very keen on giving NZ a go

I am also aware of the issues of constantly saying 'Back home we do it like this' so i wont be using that statement at all having worked with Ozzies and kiwis in my current job i have found that the statement wears pretty thin pretty soon.

In the UK we are quite intolerant towards migrant workers (to our shame) are there similar issues in NZ

From the posts i have read already i can see that there is a kiwi way of doing things I dont have a problem with that, When in rome do as the romans do springs to mind.

Regards
Wilester
Like wherever you chose to live, you will be regadred by your own actions and way you live your life, if you are genuine and make the effort and throw yourself into your new life here, then the Kiwi's (and everyone else here) will take to you well.

Just don't spend all of your time moaning about everything NZ and saying "back in the UK we had this and did it this way...etc etc"
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:15 am
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough

Well I can only speak for myself but I've not had any issues at all. Bit of let pulling about being a whinging pome but thats about it & most of my mates are kiwis!!!Well actually I now have a kiwi OH plus kiwi stepkids!!! I've found them to be a really friendly bunch who have been most welcoming but then on the whole I have resisted the temptation to say ... back in the UK.......

I too have dispelled the myth that we are all rich and living in either 10 acre lifestyle properties or executive homes!!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: How are Brits Regarded?

Probably regarded in much higher esteem than we should be.

Also you always get to be the ones that immigrated, when your children have children they will say things like “Your grandmother didn’t come all the way from the old country so you could speak/behave like this” .
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:39 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Just paraphrased your comment into a more generic, it applies the world over.
Not really true mate. I think the point made is that NZ is soooo far away from anywhere else that kiwis who havn't travelled are a very particular breed. I have lived in a few countries but never come across any group of people like untravelled kiwis, they are unique and I love them (sometimes).
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:28 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Just paraphrased your comment into a more generic, it applies the world over.
not strictly true - the true stay-at-home Kiwi is even less connected to the real world than the stay-at-home Yank, for example, at least the latter has a larger country to stay at home in and one could argue a greater cultural diversity there to wrestle with, plus they have more neighbours.

Unless they are from West Virginia I suppose

just my 2 dollar bill's worth
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:45 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Not really true mate. I think the point made is that NZ is soooo far away from anywhere else that kiwis who havn't travelled are a very particular breed. I have lived in a few countries but never come across any group of people like untravelled kiwis, they are unique and I love them (sometimes).
Well it applies on the Isle of Man! Seriously, in general, generalisations aren´t strictly true in some cases....
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

where on the isle of man are you?
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:27 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
where on the isle of man are you?
I grew up in Andreas, parents are still there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.