Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How are Brits Regarded?

How are Brits Regarded?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How are Brits Regarded?

We are in Laxey and are looking to move to NZ in around two years time. I sometimes wonder if we're mad moving away from sleepy IOM how have you found NZ?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:51 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
how have you found NZ?
We are not quite there yet, eta wheels down late July...ask me then

Where might you be heading for? There is a wide variety of degrees of "liveliness" depending on where in NZ you set up camp, as with many countries.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:07 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I am considering going back home to NZ after 23 years in UK, and I was worried about having an English accent (which to a kiwi I have) and whether this would hinder my job chances (after reading posts on here). She thought I was being ridiculous, and commented that many NZers have been to the UK so aren't going to be bothered by it. Don't know the truth of this, but will let you know if and when I move (not for a year at least though). I will of course make a big fuss about wanting to return home and everything kiwi as I know that goes down well. I certainly won't be saying things like 'in England....' I get fed up with that when my parents come over from NZ to UK for a trip. The NZ Herald does a great sell job on the Kiwi way of life so of course they believe it is wonderful. Sort of wish the British press were a bit less negative sometimes.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

I don't know where we'll end up yet, i've been looking at North Shore as i'd like to be warm. Hubby works in the hospital and i'm in bank admin so hopefully there will be plenty of jobs although we are looking into our own business, not sure what yet though, we just want to work together.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
I don't know where we'll end up yet, i've been looking at North Shore as i'd like to be warm. Hubby works in the hospital and i'm in bank admin so hopefully there will be plenty of jobs although we are looking into our own business, not sure what yet though, we just want to work together.
North Shore is great. We are in Takapuna renting at the moment and love it, and will definetly be looking to buy on the Shore soon.