Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How bad is the Harbour Bridge on a morning?

How bad is the Harbour Bridge on a morning?

Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default How bad is the Harbour Bridge on a morning?

Thinking of renting a house in Rothesay Bay and I need to get to work in Kingsland. I can start work anytime between 7am and 9am, until I pass my motorbike license to ride my Vespa it'll be a car journey or bus/train to Kingsland.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all
Default Re: How bad is the Harbour Bridge on a morning?

Hi we live in Rothesay Bay (great area) & I commute into CBD by bus, yes the bridge can be busy & know a lot of people who leave home before 6:30 to avoid the worst of the traffic.
86 express takes 45 - 50 mins into CBD and service is good not sure where abouts in Kingsland you need, but looks like you can get connections near Britomart.

Hope this off use
http://www.maxx.co.nz/journey-planne...ate=14-06-2011
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Howick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant future

Agree with Dave, you may want to consider the train uptown, from Britomart, which has a station in Kingsland. I had to take the bus from Britomart to K Rd, which is not all that far from Kingland, every day for 12 months.....insanity beckoned towards the end.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

We might be stopping in St Heliers now.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Howick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant futureHowick has a brilliant future

Well, then you'll be literally doing what I do. You take the 767/769 bus- which is every 15 minutes in rush hour, along the waterfront (if you're sans car), takes 20-30 minutes & then when you arrive at Britomart, if I was you, I'd investigate the train option uptown to Kingsland.