Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Housing; I just don't get it.

Housing; I just don't get it.

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing; I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by SarahB
I still dont feel that NZ is where I want to be forever.... I think it will take longer than 1 year for me to feel like that. For now its the place we want to be in... the views are to die for.... we are starting to make good friends and OH loves his volunteer work here. You never know what the future holds do you..... one things for sure I really dont want to go back to the UK to live.

come on sarah one more to go then its 1000 for you

sorry to interupt ladies
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

YEY!!! Iv done it!!!! 1001 posts now!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 4:03 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

1,008 now! Bloomin' 'eck you post quickly! LOL

I know I don't want to live back in England again... though I do feel awful "taking" my parents' only grandchild away from them. They've always said I should make my own life. My elder brother still lives in the same town, though he and his wife were unfortunately not blessed with children.

I feel somehow "drawn" to NZ. Can't really explain it.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
1,008 now! Bloomin' 'eck you post quickly! LOL

I know I don't want to live back in England again... though I do feel awful "taking" my parents' only grandchild away from them. They've always said I should make my own life. My elder brother still lives in the same town, though he and his wife were unfortunately not blessed with children.

I feel somehow "drawn" to NZ. Can't really explain it.
I feel the same way as my son is my folks only grandchild. Thats why I speak to them every week and send them photos via webshots. They have been out to see us this year and are coming again in January 2008 to see the new bub who will have her first birthday when they are here. Its heartbreaking stuff but they have always supported our move to NZ (like everything else I have ever done)... they wish they were out here and keep saying we are lucky to be here and dont go back to UK. I miss them like crazy but I do think at this moment in time its the better place for us to to be.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:08 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
I still dont feel that NZ is where I want to be forever.... I think it will take longer than 1 year for me to feel like that. For now its the place we want to be in... the views are to die for.... we are starting to make good friends and OH loves his volunteer work here. You never know what the future holds do you..... one things for sure I really dont want to go back to the UK to live.
This is an interesting thread - but excuse my ignorance with my 14 oil fired radiators, heated towel rail, open fire and Aga ... what the devil's a Heat Pump?!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]This is an interesting thread - but excuse my ignorance with my 14 oil fired radiators, heated towel rail, open fire and Aga ... what the devil's a Heat Pump?![/QUOTE

Circulates hot and cold air around the house not sure if they work never experienced one, supposed to be cheap to run according to the adverts...(I must watch too much TV need to get out more!)

On a positive note its really not cold up here in Auckland, we just think it is. We live in a mordern style house 7 years old. open plan down stairs and we have no built in heating, we bought a gas fire and we use a bottle of gas a week ($20) and to be honest we have been 'cold' for about 1 week during the whole winter if you add it all up. Often when we are cold it can be fixed but putting on a thick jumper a pair of socks and cuddling up under a blanket on the sofa.

But then we always say...the year it snows in Auckland is the year we go back to UK!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:42 pm

[QUOTE=jueinnz]
Originally Posted by Am Loolah
This is an interesting thread - but excuse my ignorance with my 14 oil fired radiators, heated towel rail, open fire and Aga ... what the devil's a Heat Pump?![/QUOTE

Circulates hot and cold air around the house not sure if they work never experienced one, supposed to be cheap to run according to the adverts...(I must watch too much TV need to get out more!)

On a positive note its really not cold up here in Auckland, we just think it is. We live in a mordern style house 7 years old. open plan down stairs and we have no built in heating, we bought a gas fire and we use a bottle of gas a week ($20) and to be honest we have been 'cold' for about 1 week during the whole winter if you add it all up. Often when we are cold it can be fixed but putting on a thick jumper a pair of socks and cuddling up under a blanket on the sofa.

But then we always say...the year it snows in Auckland is the year we go back to UK!!!
Cheap to run on what? If it's bulls**t then I'm laughing!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]
Originally Posted by jueinnz

Cheap to run on what? If it's bulls**t then I'm laughing!
Nar afraid not, its electric....wouldn't do me any good we've had 5 power cuts this year!!!! yes we did pay the bills!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:39 pm

[QUOTE=jueinnz]
Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Nar afraid not, its electric....wouldn't do me any good we've had 5 power cuts this year!!!! yes we did pay the bills!!!!!
How's that work then? electric heating in the UK is like the most expensive?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]

Haven't gotta clue! Big box things that go on the wall is air conditioning and or heating???
Or you can get funny things that look like they are made from tin foil that take the hot air from your loft space and circulate that around the house! (they are quite cheap to buy) but only works if you in a one story!!!

You may need a man to answer this question!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:04 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Am Loolah]

It is over here too

I don't much like heat pumps they seem a bit drafty to me, I much prefer a wood burning stove.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:12 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

A heatpump

Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:14 am
sky
Banned

Another heatpump

Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:19 am
sky
Banned

Ooops sorry those pictures are tiny aren't they!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 12:22 am
sky
Banned

We had one of these heat transfer systems in our last house we just sold and it sucks heat out of the living area where the
woodburner is and dumps it around the rest of the house. It was fantastic and kept the rest of the house nice and warm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.