Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House still not sold.......guess loads of you in the same boat!!!!

House still not sold.......guess loads of you in the same boat!!!!

Old May 21st 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: House still not sold.......guess loads of you in the same boat!!!!

to all of you we have just been through the process!!. should have exchanged last friday but solicitors held everything up meanwhile pickfords where packing up the house contents which are now enroute to auckland. finally exchanged contracts last night and complete today Next problem to deal with ! thought i only had to work a months notice, been told its 3 got to be in NZ by the 21st June!! I wish I could be one of those people who did things straight forward but oh no not me have to do the complicated route. Off now to plead with HR to release me from contract
Old May 21st 2010, 7:37 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
limping a little closer heard today that our buyers have finally got their mortgage offer. Has been long & drawn out as apparently they want a "buy to let mortgage". Hopefully now we can press forward to exchanging contracts

How is everyone else doing?

Dewb
Which turns out was a total lie as they still have no mortgage in place

Back to square one for us

DEwb
Old May 21st 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

DEwb
So sorry to hear the above. Lets hope a better buyer turns round the next corner. Keep up the effort..you will sell. And when you do you will get a way better exchange rate!!
Old May 21st 2010, 9:00 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

oh Dewb, that's crap.....so sorry for you. another, better buyer will come along and be a cash purchaser and offer £50'000 above the asking price just to secure the house

don't want to jinx things but things may be looking a bit better on our UK flat front
Old May 21st 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Just put our house on the market, had a few viewings, its been a week, so hopeful it may sell soon
Old May 22nd 2010, 9:42 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
So sorry to hear the above. Lets hope a better buyer turns round the next corner. Keep up the effort..you will sell. And when you do you will get a way better exchange rate!!
Originally Posted by shelloid
oh Dewb, that's crap.....so sorry for you. another, better buyer will come along and be a cash purchaser and offer £50'000 above the asking price just to secure the house

don't want to jinx things but things may be looking a bit better on our UK flat front
Thanks you two on the flat shelloid

Now they have scrapped the Hib's £300+ down the swannie, thanks
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi Nicola How are you? I did reply to your PM but I had no reply back from you, hope you have got all sorted now. Nice to see you back on the Forum.
Hi, sorry just so busy do not get time to come on!! Yes, we got things sorted thank you very much. Now in our rental inRangiora so all good
Old May 23rd 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

DEwb
things look up for you soon Dewb.
Old May 23rd 2010, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thought I d join this forum, We ve given ourselves a deadline till August if still have not sold we shall have to rent.
Just a warning to you all
We ve been told not to tell potential buyers that we are emigrating as some friends of ours on the day of signing contracts.The buyers turned around and demanded 5 thousand off the agreed price due to a loose tile on the roof. They knew that they d packed everything in the container and had there flight s booked. So had no option but to agree or delay there house sale. Just a warning to all
Good luck to everyone in the same boat as us
Old May 24th 2010, 6:47 am
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
Hi
Thought I d join this forum, We ve given ourselves a deadline till August if still have not sold we shall have to rent.
Just a warning to you all
We ve been told not to tell potential buyers that we are emigrating as some friends of ours on the day of signing contracts.The buyers turned around and demanded 5 thousand off the agreed price due to a loose tile on the roof. They knew that they d packed everything in the container and had there flight s booked. So had no option but to agree or delay there house sale. Just a warning to all
Good luck to everyone in the same boat as us
Hi & welcome, sadly this is not that uncommon
Good luck with the sale

DEwb
Old May 26th 2010, 6:48 pm
Scorchy legs

so having mad the heartbreaking decision to pull out of our sale as fed up waiting for them to secure a mortgage. Serving 2 weeks notice on our estate agent, informing our solicitor we have had enough and are pulling out...............yep you guess they have now got a mortgage offer

Much agonising and berating of estate agent later we have agreed to go ahead with the sale

weighing it all up, the whole process has been a pain, still do not fully understand why it has taken them so long to secure mortgage. They are not in a chain, its an ok price & we can now get on with our lives. Oh and I dont have to keep flippin tidying up for new viewings

Cheeky things wanted to exchange contracts this Friday and complete
08th June erm no

Dewb
Old May 26th 2010, 7:22 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

so having mad the heartbreaking decision to pull out of our sale as fed up waiting for them to secure a mortgage. Serving 2 weeks notice on our estate agent, informing our solicitor we have had enough and are pulling out...............yep you guess they have now got a mortgage offer

Much agonising and berating of estate agent later we have agreed to go ahead with the sale

weighing it all up, the whole process has been a pain, still do not fully understand why it has taken them so long to secure mortgage. They are not in a chain, its an ok price & we can now get on with our lives. Oh and I dont have to keep flippin tidying up for new viewings

Cheeky things wanted to exchange contracts this Friday and complete
08th June erm no

Dewb
Oh ...now I understand!!!
Don't despair, the buyers of last house we sold were messed about by their bank and it took 13 weeks to get to exchange .....hence so much time spent in kiwi bar
it all happens to plan now.....your plan tho!!
B xx
Old May 27th 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

ahhhh well we are back to square one House back on the market

People putting offers on multiple houses is so annoying. Theirs not ours.

Well done Dewb for double bluffing .
Old May 27th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Hi all
We have until September then our P.R runs out and you guesssed it we still have not sold our house but we do have a person interested in it but he has to sell his house first.
What we are going to do is if it dont sell.
My husband and son are going to go to NZ, son starts Collage in Bay of Plenty in july so he goes first then My husband will go in early September leaving me and my daughter in GB. If the house dont sell in time With me having the degree and qualifications to emigrate i will apply again for me and my daughter to join my family in NZ when house is sold. No other way around it as we dont want to rent our house out.
It is also cheaper to re apply than keep knocking thousands of house to get a sale.
Old May 27th 2010, 1:32 pm
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by Foxesecho
ahhhh well we are back to square one House back on the market

People putting offers on multiple houses is so annoying. Theirs not ours.

Well done Dewb for double bluffing .
oh no for get a sale soon

Has been so stressful, but light at the end of the tunnel
Dewb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.