House to sell...

Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House to sell...

Originally Posted by Hippygran
We are also in the same boat.

Two weeks ago we recieved our PR stickers, Yippeee, but our house has still not sold despite dropping it over £20,000.

We have decided to make our deadline as the end of August when we will ship our furniture over and we fly out to NZ but still leave the house on the market with my eldest stepdaughter having 'Power of Attorney'. We will be staying with family in Murrays Bay until our house sells and we are able to buy our own.

Not the ideal solution but as we are both retired we felt we should just get on with life and GO FOR IT!!!!

So, good luck to all of you wanting & longing to make that scary & exciting move to NZ, hope it all starts to happen for all of us sooooon.

Joan
x
This is what we are doing with my FIL having POA. We are hoping to rent it out and wait a year or two before selling,assuming things pick up then. We fly on 29th June,furniture etc leaves 24th April.

Phyl x
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

We haven't yet booked flights or shipping, still hoping against hope that the house will go (possibly with another drop in price) before we intend to leave the UK in August. Please will someone come and have a look at our really nice little house (no viewings since the end of January. Still trying to stay positive though and keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Joan
x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

We haven't yet booked flights or shipping, still hoping against hope that the house will go (possibly with another drop in price) before we intend to leave the UK in August. Please will someone come and have a look at our really nice little house (no viewings since the end of January. Still trying to stay positive though and keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

Joan
x
same as you Joan... would like to fly towards end of year though, maybe oct/nov and trying to hold onto a glimmer of hope that the house will sell!!? Feeling rather negative since the postman said to me this morning 'oh thats a tall order- I see lots of houses and nothings selling!!' Then my hubby spoke to estate agent who said that no houses in our price bracket had sold within the area for 6 months!!
Anyway, as my hubby said we have nothing to be fed up about-we have a great house, WE ARE GOING TO NZ, and its our daughters 5th birthday today!!
x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Well, whatdoyouknow!!! 4.45pm today - a call from the estate agent, someone wishes to view the house, did ask for today (minor panic) or Sunday, we went for Sunday 2.00pm, I'm not holding my breath, but just maybe the small picture of the Chinese Gods of Health, Wealth & Happiness hanging up in my hall (recommended on this website) may be doing some good after all. Keep you posted!!!

Cheers

Joan
x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Strawbie, Good luck in your quest too to get to NZ & hope your lttle one has a lovely birthday. Life has to go on doesn't it even amongst all this chaos & anxiety.

Joan
x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for sunday Joan,fingers xd

Phyl x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:46 pm
luckybean

angmargien is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: House to sell...

Originally Posted by strawbie
well, yesterday we found out we've got PR!!! ya heyyyyy!!!!! Really dont want to rent house as we have alot of money to make out of it and want to take it with us! We have 6 months to pay the migrant levy and then 12 months from then to go to NZ! We thought of auctioning it but apparently thats not a good idea!!? good luck all!!
Just a quick question. From the time that you are granted PR in NZ, how long do you have before you have to settle in NZ??? I am waiting for PR, in the meantime I have had a job offer in Singapore. I am unable to make a decision as I don't want to lose my chance of getting PR. Will I be able to get it while in Singapore or do I need to stay UK based. Also if I did get PR before I left the UK, how long before I need to validate my visa in NZ??
A bit complex, but pretty crucial...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by angmargien
Just a quick question. From the time that you are granted PR in NZ, how long do you have before you have to settle in NZ??? I am waiting for PR, in the meantime I have had a job offer in Singapore. I am unable to make a decision as I don't want to lose my chance of getting PR. Will I be able to get it while in Singapore or do I need to stay UK based. Also if I did get PR before I left the UK, how long before I need to validate my visa in NZ??
hI, not sure whether you have to stay uk based-i dont see why! If you get granted PR there is a migrant levy to pay, which if you already havent you get 6 months to do so, then they validate your visa and you have 12months to be in NZ. You could always email via the immigration website and ask if you dont want to ask your CO!! good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Well, whatdoyouknow!!! 4.45pm today - a call from the estate agent, someone wishes to view the house, did ask for today (minor panic) or Sunday, we went for Sunday 2.00pm, I'm not holding my breath, but just maybe the small picture of the Chinese Gods of Health, Wealth & Happiness hanging up in my hall (recommended on this website) may be doing some good after all. Keep you posted!!!

Cheers

Joan
x
Good luck Joan!!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by angmargien
You don't get the PR sticker in your passport until you have paid the migrant levy. You have 6 months from being successful with the PR application to do that.

Once you have the PR visa sticker in your UK passport, you will have one year in which to land in New Zealand to activate the PR visa. Once that is activated you will be granted a PR permit allowing you to remain.

I would suggest that you don't have to remain UK based whilst you wait for your PR to come through, although you would have to let them know a current address of course.

Once you land in NZ you would also be issued with a Returning Resident Visa.This allows you to come and go from New Zealand but be aware that there are conditions attached to that .
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of

we were phoned up to say we were to be offered our visas, and even though we paid for our migrant levy straight away they gave us the option to wait 6 mths before issuing the visas, which were then valid for 12 months before they ran out. So in effect it gave 1.5 yrs before you actually had to set foot in NZ and validate the visas.
With regard to the house issue, we have rented out our property for a guaranteed rent which although is less than the market value gives us the peace of mind that the re-mortgage (interest only) and the insurance will be covered with a little on top. That gives the money needed to make the move, then when the market picks up...and it will because it always does!!...we will sell the property, balance the books and use whats left over to buy sausages for the next bbq!
we decide to go the guaranteed rent route because it ensured that the agent worked for his living and got us the right people into view the property 1st time.
Nick
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Cheers

Joan
x
Good Luck for Sunday
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:27 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Joan
x
Oh I hope they work for you - *** Lu and Su I swear by them. And anyway, having a smidgen of belief (for whatever reason) in the Gods of Health, Wealth and Happiness can't do you any harm can it?

Haha - it's F U K

Last edited by Batty; Mar 27th 2009 at 10:36 am. Reason: Cos the censor doesn't know the Chinese Gods
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:35 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone thought about doing an Open Home like they do here? You get your estate agent to open your house at a certain time on a Sat or Sun (or both), you advertise it and then you just go for a walk Make them work for their money. It would be a novelty and novelties work. Don't just sit back and wait for it to happen - go out there and find the people who want to buy your house!

So there!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: House to sell...

Originally Posted by Batty
Has anyone thought about doing an Open Home like they do here? You get your estate agent to open your house at a certain time on a Sat or Sun (or both), you advertise it and then you just go for a walk Make them work for their money. It would be a novelty and novelties work. Don't just sit back and wait for it to happen - go out there and find the people who want to buy your house!

So there!
Hi Batty, yes we've considered open home weekend. we're finding the agents are pretty negative, apparently there are just not the people looking or buying but I still think it would be worth a shot!!? We've even suggested selling by sealed bids/tendor but that was also knocked back, as was auction. Its like banging your head against the wall. Apparently in our price bracket nothing has sold for 6 months in our area! Its awful and frustrating but hopefully these naff times cant continue for much longer..... can they?? Anyone want to buy a lovely house???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.