Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House Sale - The stress

House Sale - The stress

Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Sale - The stress

I'd lined up being in Wellington in two days time. Coming over on a visitors visa, there's me getting hold of recruitment agencies, laying the building bricks for getting interviews and all that for next week and i'm still here waiting to exchange on my property. It was suppose to be the simplest of sales. No Chain, yet our buyer seems to dilly daly around without a care in the world. I gave up work last month. We're in week 12 now since the offer for the house and she won't be pushed for dates. AAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh:curse:
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House Sale - The stress

i take it your in england,that kind of thing with house sales just doesn't seem to happen in scotland.........

it must be a nightmare selling there.............its stresfull enough without having all that nonsense...........
fingers crossed for you,it will be worth all the hassle when you get here....

good luck,deep breaths mate,
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:39 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how bleedin' awkward Simon! :curse: What legal recourse do you have to push the buyer?

Ours is going on the MLS next week but we signed the contract with our agent today. We're pricing at $20K less than our next-door neighbours. Gee I wonder whose house will sell first!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

FishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really nice

I'm afraid that the UK market outside of London and the SE is starting to go 'tits up' -

The Chartedred surveyors survey for July makes interesting reading -unfortunately for me and my house sale our Yorkshire area reads:

"Rising interest rates are now starting to
take effect and erode disposable income.
The market is now in transition and in many
cases prospective buyers are seeking to
negotiate significant discounts from asking
prices. Some agents and vendors now need
to realign value expectations for the market to
function."

What they fail to mention is that prospective buyers aren't even bothering to turn up after booking an appointment -

The RICs survey is at:

http://www.rics.org/NR/rdonlyres/C28...y2007_WEBA.pdf

Last edited by FishermansFriend; Aug 14th 2007 at 8:40 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:37 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I'd lined up being in Wellington in two days time. Coming over on a visitors visa, there's me getting hold of recruitment agencies, laying the building bricks for getting interviews and all that for next week and i'm still here waiting to exchange on my property. It was suppose to be the simplest of sales. No Chain, yet our buyer seems to dilly daly around without a care in the world. I gave up work last month. We're in week 12 now since the offer for the house and she won't be pushed for dates. AAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh:curse:
You have our every sympathy. Our buyer was the same and was delaying exchange as they didn't want to loose the interest they were earning on their deposit money. Ours was a 'simple' transaction too, buyer was in rented and we were coming here. My OH was prepared to risk booking flights etc as they were non-refundable until we have the half guarantee that exchange brings. Probably the most stressful bit of it all.

After checking with ours solicitor to make sure there wasn't anything else holding it up we gave the buyer an ultimatum date and said if we don't exchange by 12 noon on that day the house was going back on the market. Luckily we'd already had a higher offer on the house, which we declined in favour of honouring our agreement with our 'buyer' and we told them we could delay the start date for work here. Fortunately our buyer had already handed in their notice on their rented place and their landlord already had someone else lined up to move in once they'd left so really they had no choice but to exchange on the day we set as they'd have been homeless otherwise.

Wish you luck that all goes through soon.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paua Shell
Oh how bleedin' awkward Simon! :curse: What legal recourse do you have to push the buyer?

Ours is going on the MLS next week but we signed the contract with our agent today. We're pricing at $20K less than our next-door neighbours. Gee I wonder whose house will sell first!
Hi Maz,

If i push too much i'm frightened they may walk. I'm pretty confident they'll get the act together, but it's a case of when. They promised me this week they exchange. Let's see...
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Know the feeling with the stress. We are due to complete tomorrow but we really had to push to get the exchange to happen. Before exchange we ended up having to come down on the agreed price with our buyers as they found out about a mobile phone mast being erected near our house. We didn't want to loose the sale so we ended up renegiotiating the price . The really annoying part in our chain is that everyone was hassling us to move (we had a holiday booked and said we couldn't move until after) and then they all messed about exchanging.
My stress for today is if all our stuff is going to fit in the container. They loaded 300 cubic feet yesterday so lets see how they go today.

Good luck with everything. Have a safe trip and we''ll have to get together in Wellington (we arrive 29th Sept).

Kim
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mark and kim
Know the feeling with the stress. We are due to complete tomorrow but we really had to push to get the exchange to happen. Before exchange we ended up having to come down on the agreed price with our buyers as they found out about a mobile phone mast being erected near our house. We didn't want to loose the sale so we ended up renegiotiating the price . The really annoying part in our chain is that everyone was hassling us to move (we had a holiday booked and said we couldn't move until after) and then they all messed about exchanging.
My stress for today is if all our stuff is going to fit in the container. They loaded 300 cubic feet yesterday so lets see how they go today.

Good luck with everything. Have a safe trip and we''ll have to get together in Wellington (we arrive 29th Sept).

Kim
Definately meet up that's for sure. Just opened the post and have found the contracts from our solicitors for us to sign. So it's looking on the up. The only thing i've noticed is that the solicitors want more money from to complete by next week for the extra work. The thieving gits. They get paid huge amounts for sod all as it is. but never mind we're heading in the right direction.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Bunch of tossers... bleed you every which way they can eh?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

:curse::curse::curse:
how come when people know you're moving abroad, they take the piss.
Our buyer has just dropped her price by £3k and won't be budged. She's done nothing but mess us around since day one, i'd like to tell her to *$%& off, but that'll put us back by about 2 months, and since we've both stopped working as of yesterday i've had to accept it. I have stipulated that i want completion by next friday as the packers are booked for wednesday. Disappointed - yes, annoyed - you bet, but i won't let it upset me.

At least the weaker the dollar get's the more money i'll make from the house sale in the long run.

And if my buyer ever was to see this thread - YOU BITCH!!!

Rant over - need coffee - Alcohol later (when i don't have to drive)
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Fully understand how you feel - it is so frustrating when people do this to you. We think exactly the same of the people buying our house who did the same to us. Well actually the people who bought our house as we completed 2 hours ago and the money is in the bank. Got very stressful as the money went into the bank and back out again due to a bank issue but that has been sorted.
Incredible luck - we got our passports back today with the residency visas
So hang on in there and hopefully you will feel as happy as I do right now by this time next week.
Good luck with it all,
Kim
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

AArrrgg Simonmarkellis. What a pile of crud.

I've a very similar tale about our house sale three years ago & I know what a bloody nightmare it is to be messed about & shafted like that. Thieving gits the lot of 'em.

My sympathy and some Karma to you for having to deal with tosspots. May they get rising damp , infestations and start to subside into the drains where they belong.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

sol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura about

Hope all goes well for you guys. I put my for sale board up a week ago - it's been advertised on the net since April to avoid any chance of HIPs costs. I'm selling privately as, being a Yorkshire lass, I find it painful to think about parting with £megaKs to Estate Agents for doing bu**er all. I made a website with photos and details (had to learn how from scratch), put it on a private sales website for £70 and got a board for £30. E-conveyancing is in place and raring to go as soon as I get an offer. I'm lucky in that my neighbour wants to buy to extend his garden, but I want some offers for him to beat rather than taking the valuations I got from agents in April. I'm planning to get to Welly in October, so fingers crossed, hope to see you there.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:18 am
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Hi there simonmarkellis

As they say in scotland, hope the wee bizim gets what she deserves. :curse: We've had our place on the market since last week in June and have only had half a dozen viewers - nobody really serious - all seemed to be looking out of curiosity. Even an old aquaintance from mother & toddler group admitted she came just to see what the upstairs of my house looked like! Unbelievable.

We got our permanent residence visas in our passports on 12th August and husband has handed in his notice so we're hoping to be free by mid - September. We're thinking of getting the removers in on first week of September and just camping out if we have to. Got a viewer coming tonight so here's hoping and keeping everything crossed she falls in love with the place and just has to have it!

We would love to be in Wellington by end of September. Good luck to you and hope to see you in NZ.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the messages of support, it's really helped. We've finally exchanged contracts today, so now i can book the flight tickets. We complete next friday. That's one stress over, now just the stress of a new life miles from family to cope with. Bring it on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.