Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House price falls in NZ by Bloomberg

Wikiposts

House price falls in NZ by Bloomberg

Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: House price falls in NZ by Bloomberg

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I do understand wanting to own your own roof over your own head. I worked for decades to achieve that. Decades. The equity I came to NZ with was through my own hard work. No more . No less. My 1st house was a do up. No furniture. No carpets. No beds. No TV. No kitchen . No nothing. It really was floor boards and little else. I scraped to meet that mortage & to get that mortgage I had to grovel.
I had a few sticks of 2nd hand furniture given to me and a mattress. I came to NZ with those exact same sticks of furniture but not the mattress . My 2nd house was a do up. This is the first time I have ever lived in a reasonable house & it still has a sizeable mortgage. I am over 50 ! In that respect , you could say I saved up for a long time for my new life in NZ. Over 30 years .
The moral. If you want something bad enough , you will find a way. I did !
I respect that very much and you wouldn't lose all that when you stay in NZ and don't sell up.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all
Default Re: House price falls in NZ by Bloomberg

Originally Posted by wannabekiwi
absolutely 100% percent agree with that.
House price correction will hopefully get us on the yearly salary x 3 level again and leave us with more disposable income.
Also our next generation will be able to leave home and get onto the property ladder much more quickly and parents don't need to remortgage their houses anymore or use their savings to help their kids with a deposit.
Big sigh of relief...

Bad luck the house price correction won't go down to 3x if it does it won't stay there for long. Remeber hit a recession and wages go down worst for the young as well.

The next generation won't be able to buy a house unless parents give them a huge deposit or you start seeing 100 year mortgages.

Pretty much the model of education, work and they being able to afford a house is broken and will stay broken. (Uni fees have no small part in this issue).