Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House inspection/survey - Tauranga

House inspection/survey - Tauranga

Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default House inspection/survey - Tauranga

Hi folks,
I've not been around here for a while but we're safely in NZ staying at my mum in law's and looking for our own house - hence the question.....
I'm familiar with the various types of inspection or survey that are available in the UK from a valuation for mortgage purposes through to a full survey. The NZ equivalents seem to be building inspections, are the people offering these qualified surveyors or do they have some other more specific or lesser qualification (like the people who were trained up to do energy performance or pre-sale inspections in the UK)?
We're not getting a mortgage but want a thorough job done as our potential purchase seems to be a bit different construction from the average brick and tile house, can anyone recommend a good company in Tauranga?
I'll try to get around to posting a proper update later!
Many thanks,
John
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:05 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House inspection/survey - Tauranga

Hi John, all sounds like it's full steam ahead!

I too have a house that's not brick and tile and I used Graeme Blissett of Building Surveying Services (BOP) Ltd. He was very efficient and thorough and a really nice guy. He's so renowned for his thoroughness that real estate agents don't like it when a buyer uses him!! I'd not hesitate to recommend him. I'll pm you his number.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Thanks Am Loolah,
just the sort of recommendation I was looking for
John.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Inspection done and report received, as Am Loolah said, very thorough thanks AL. Some things he found not too worrying, but some others we've set our solicitor on to investigating with the vendors.
John.