Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

House building companies

House building companies

Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:48 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default House building companies

Hello

Your'll have to excuse my tiredness as I type this post, I can't think straight. Anyway, my husband and I are thinking of building in NZ after we've rented for a while. There seem to be a few companies that I've seen online and they all look good and professional. Any recommendations or warnings?

Much obliged

Nikki
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House building companies

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Hello

Your'll have to excuse my tiredness as I type this post, I can't think straight. Anyway, my husband and I are thinking of building in NZ after we've rented for a while. There seem to be a few companies that I've seen online and they all look good and professional. Any recommendations or warnings?

Much obliged

Nikki
I have no experience of this - still in UK. but someone posted this www. and I've been hanging my nose over it ever since!
http://www.eehnz.com/
I just love the big open rooms and large windows, cathederal ceilings, wood everywhere- dread to think what a complete price is, but the basic packages are good. I want one!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:19 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Much obliged

Nikki

Try this http://www.consumerbuild.org.nz/publish/

Loads of info here.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hello

Much obliged

Nikki
When you're comparing costs, be sure you're comparing like with like - some companies don't include some things which you might assume to be included in the price - they probably do this to make their prices look better than their competitors. Look for the cost of extras!

If you're interested in the Wellington area, I can PM you some contacts.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:54 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I WANT THIS HOUSE!!!!!

http://www.subtracker.com/EEH/Jasper.htm

If we were going to stay in North America, I'd want an earthship http://www.earthship.org/build/sale.php
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:47 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I WANT THIS HOUSE!!!!!

http://www.subtracker.com/EEH/Jasper.htm

If we were going to stay in North America, I'd want an earthship http://www.earthship.org/build/sale.php

WOW! They're awesome! Possibly out of my price range though!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:47 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
When you're comparing costs, be sure you're comparing like with like - some companies don't include some things which you might assume to be included in the price - they probably do this to make their prices look better than their competitors. Look for the cost of extras!

If you're interested in the Wellington area, I can PM you some contacts.

Thanks cottage. Steve's looking at work in Welly and Auckland, so once we're over and know where we're going I might take you up on that offer!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:48 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Try this http://www.consumerbuild.org.nz/publish/

Loads of info here.
Thanks, that's a great link! There's a lot of useful info here!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:22 am

JakeG is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that's a great link! There's a lot of useful info here!
Hi

I have been looking into the same thing. The Consumer Build site is an excellent resource.

I had at once stage considered a log home - http://www.naturalloghomes.co.nz/ which look great in the right setting (ideal for South Island). I am currently looking at one of the designs from these guys http://www.kitsethomes.co.nz/ - Their BridgeStreet kit is just under NZ$ 90,000 (and includes literally everything down to the dishwasher) but if you don't fancy building it you you will need to enploy a builder which certainly raise the price some.

Good Luck!