Reload this Page >

house or appartments

house or appartments

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:48 am
Just Joined

VladimirN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default house or appartments

Hi!
Does anybody prefer to live in appartments in New Zealand or a house is the only option? I mean buy, not rent.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:04 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: house or appartments

Here in New Zealand apartments are generally referred to as flats or perhaps units. If you want to buy a flat there are plenty on the market, apparently the Central Business District in Auckland is chockered with flats for sale. You'll also find flats for sale in the other major cities, Wellington and Christchurch. I'm not so sure what the market is like for flats in the other cities/towns across New Zealand. Prices are quite variable like any real estate with many variables affecting the amount you'd pay.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Thank you, happynz

And who prefer to live in appartments? Only students?
For example what about these appartment:
http://www.allrealestate.co.nz/cgi-b...&tm=1184218364
http://www.allrealestate.co.nz/cgi-b...&tm=1184218364
Are they good enough for a family (two adults, one kid) in accordance with New Zealand standard if living?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Apartments are great if you want to rent, houses tend to increase in value more than apartments.

For a single person or a working couple apartments are great, Auckland has lots of vacant apartments but Wellington and Christchurch get good money for nice apartments as rentals.

It is something I have looked into myself, if you can be bothered renting a place out apartments will go well.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks bro69

When you buy a house or appartments in New Zealand what else you have to pay? Taxes, agents fees?
For example, if the price of the appartments is 300K, what will be the total price?
In some ad I saw somthing like this -
OUTGOINGS AROUND $4000 PA
ACC Rates $724pa, ARC $56pa, bodycorp $1742.02
What does it mean?

Last edited by VladimirN; Jul 25th 2007 at 6:20 am.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Eternalkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

ACC Rates are Auckland City Council Rates (Local Government Tax)
ARC rates are Auckland Regional Council Rates (Regional Government Tax - mainly public transport & environment related)
Bodycorp fees are paid to a committee of apartment/unit owners who each pay their share of expenses. These include Building Insurances, Rubbish Collection, Maintenance & Security.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:01 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

You might also want to keep an eye out for adverts for "townhouses"
These are, generally, terraced properties which may have a tiny piece of land (enough for a set of outdoor chairs for example) but are generally bigger than an apartment.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VladimirN
Hi!
Does anybody prefer to live in appartments in New Zealand or a house is the only option? I mean buy, not rent.
The apartments in Wellington are all beautifully positioned on the waterfront-but you can have your pick.Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Smiler68 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Speaking to a woman in an estate agencies that I went to, she said that she would never buy an apartment always a house. A lot of newer blocks suffer from leaks and if you buy one you will have loads of problems. Also the newer blocks are soooooo small, I looked at Hobson street and there was very little space. If you choose an apartment then choose an older block of apartments.

Depends on where you are going to live, your lifestyle, ect if you don't want a garden then choose an apartment and have a life outside of work, but if you want a garden to entertain at home that is the way forward.