HOSPITAL STAY

Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default HOSPITAL STAY

Thought i would comment on my hospital stay here in NZ.
After doctor finding a large lump(140cm) in my stomach that was attached to my right ovary i went on waiting list for a operation,as i didn't have medical insurance. As i was in so much pain i went through as an emergency.
Four weeks later i had my appointment.
Went in on the 18th August,and they removed the cysts and saved a part of the ovary and the best news was no cancer found, endrometreosis (spelt that wrong!) instead which was a huge relief.

The care i received for my week stay was OUTSTANDING i cannot fault the nurses,doctors,cleaners caterers and tea lady. CHC Womens Hospital is a lovely hospital,clean,bright.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:22 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HOSPITAL STAY

Hey Helen! Good to see you the other day and that you're on the mend. Lovely post. Hope others that have been worried about the public health system will be reassured by this

Take care. C u soon and remember NO LIFTING
Old Sep 1st 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for coming round,loved the chat. I am being good no lifting!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

HI Helen

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital but glad it turned out OK. Would be nice to catch up with you sometime. Hope you have a speedy recovery
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:58 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
After doctor finding a large lump(140cm) in my stomach that was attached to my right ovary i went on waiting list for a operation,as i didn't have medical insurance. As i was in so much pain i went through as an emergency.
Went in on the 18th August,and they removed the cysts and saved a part of the ovary and the best news was no cancer found, endrometreosis (spelt that wrong!) instead which was a huge relief.

The care i received for my week stay was OUTSTANDING i cannot fault the nurses,doctors,cleaners caterers and tea lady. CHC Womens Hospital is a lovely hospital,clean,bright.
Oh dear, sounds unpleasant - but as you say dealt with now, thanks goodness. I always think it's so important to heap praise on someone or a service when it has been good. We are all so quick to condemn and criticise and often forget to praise. So thank you for sharing your good experience. Have some healing karma.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:37 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

As unpleasant as it's all been Helen, I'm glad to hear that it all turned out okay for you in the end.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hjmilligan

As a nurse who has worked in both the UK, Aus and NZ it is great to hear that what must have be a pretty scarey time for you turned out to be so positive (in more ways than one).

Hope you are soon up and getting on with the very best life has for you
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone,just thought i would share my experience with the hospital stay here in NZ. EXCELLENT SERVICE.

After 2 weeks,im up and around walking and nearly 3 weeks in, im driving and gettin to the shops,still no heavy lifting feel great.

Helen xx