Reload this Page >

Horrific crash on M5 in Somerset

Horrific crash on M5 in Somerset

Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:14 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Horrific crash on M5 in Somerset

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How am I giving someone a hard time?
Sorry, that was not a personal slant - it was a comment on the general mood of the thread.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I don't usually join in an argument but I always leave enough distance for me to stop then some idiot maybe 2 will overtake and jump in in front of me. I try to drop behind and leave the distance again and then here we go it happens again. Then if I hit them its my fault sorry but I can't agree on this point. I find it so annoying it not only happens on motorways.

June
Hopefully that doesn't happen whilst you are driving.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:15 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly, I apologise if I unintentionally offended anyone by refering to the Christchurch earthquake. My post was made in the heat of the moment and late at night. It wasn't my intention to compare the two situations, merely to show that people can have compassion and be concerned about people who live on opposite sides of the world (even if it might be just a two degrees of separation link). I lost a friend and an acquaintence in the earthquake; the friend was 'in the wrong place at the wrong time', and didn't even live in Christchurch much less have a personal reason for being in the CTV building.

If I knew people who lived near those incidents referred to in Nigeria and Italy, or if this was a Nigerian or Italian expat forum, then yes, I would probably have mentioned them. The stretch of road that this accident happened on is one of the main routes for commuters between Bridgwater and Taunton and many of my friends do shiftwork; it is also not that far from a town where I know a BE member lives. Given the popularity of the Bridgwater Carnival in the wider area, there was a high possibility that people known to members of this forum were in the crash area around that time. Perhaps I was wrong to include mention of my private concerns (i.e. my personal friends living in the area), but I believed that this incident could have directly impacted on BE members, so for that alone I believed it was worth making this thread.

In future I will try to remember to check with Charismatic as to whether he thinks a thread I am thinking of posting is appropriate and meets with his approval. Alternatively, if you read something that you have no interest in, you could try the novel approach of not returning to that thread, rather than picking on those for whom it is relevant, and making inflammatory posts.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 2:06 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
I lost a friend and an acquaintence in the earthquake; the friend was 'in the wrong place at the wrong time', and didn't even live in Christchurch much less have a personal reason for being in the CTV building.
Sounds analogues to the “Some of my friends are black, that proves I’m not racist” defense.
In future I will try to remember to check with Charismatic as to whether he thinks a thread I am thinking of posting is appropriate and meets with his approval.
Post what you want, it’s a free forum. Just don’t always expect sympathy or acceptance from us if it’s irrational.
Alternatively, if you read something that you have no interest in, you could try the novel approach of not returning to that thread, rather than picking on those for whom it is relevant, and making inflammatory posts.
What a twat.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 3:49 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Shut up Charismatic you really need to get out of your mothers basement sometimes
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Sounds a most horrific crash. Apparently, the fog came down so quickly from the river nearby that it didn't give much warmng to the cars. Dreadful scenes.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Charismatic,

Reading your responses on this thread and others I can see that there is a medical reason why you are devoid of emotion. If other people realsied this they might understand you a little better. To me it is obvious!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyc
Charismatic,

Reading your responses on this thread and others I can see that there is a medical reason why you are devoid of emotion. If other people realsied this they might understand you a little better. To me it is obvious!
Emotions are part of the human condition, it is the difference between being a human being and being an animal. Luckily the vast majority of us have feelings and care about other human beings so maybe we all need to count our blessings and be very glad that we are different from lesser mortals such as him.

Rosemary
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:24 am

Charismatic,

This is just a forum. How many people do you actually know? Charismatic might be the Dali Lama, or Aunt Mildred. All the other people on here, apart from you, might actually be just one person with different pseudonyms. Scratch away some of the tears, you may be surprised at what you find.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Emotions are part of the human condition, it is the difference between being a human being and being an animal. Luckily the vast majority of us have feelings and care about other human beings so maybe we all need to count our blessings and be very glad that we are different from lesser mortals such as him.

Rosemary
It dosn't make us less human. It just makes us different.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rosemary
Which emotions do animals not possess? Are you one of those who assumes animals willingly go to the slaughterhouse, or are you a realist who hears the screams and watches them shit themselves with fear?

Humans have feelings when it suits.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
This is just a forum. How many people do you actually know? Charismatic might be the Dali Lama, or Aunt Mildred. All the other people on here, apart from you, might actually be just one person with different pseudonyms. Scratch away some of the tears, you may be surprised at what you find.
gotta agree on that.
plus typing is not really conversing as there are no visual clues.
so judging people in the manner I'm seeing above is tantamount to "sinking to their level"

in any case no one could wish that type of death or trauma (physical or otherwise) on anyone - seen the aftermath of people burning to death inside vehicles and it is not pretty

however, there are some very serious issues on this planet that we can do something (however small) about in our everday lives. perhaps charismatic has his emotions/thoughts more directed toward them.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:33 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
Which emotions do animals not possess? Are you one of those who assumes animals willingly go to the slaughterhouse, or are you a realist who hears the screams and watches them shit themselves with fear?

Humans have feelings when it suits.
oh dear I feel a real debate coming

dilema - get stuck in or order pizza and sit back ??????
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

It dosn't make us less human. It just makes us different.
indeed, if we take this definition then many people should not be considered fully human, and then we start to head down the way of Hitler, Stalin and the like......

you could start with people with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome and keep going from there. Are they "lesser" - I don't think so. The value of human life is not expressed in its ability to feel one or other emotion.

otherwise the female of the species should rule and I for one am not having that!!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
oh dear I feel a real debate coming

dilema - get stuck in or order pizza and sit back ??????
You must be starving by now - have the pizza.

A discussion on animal feelings would probably not go down too well in a forum for a country who's main industry is the slaughtering of said animals.

I will pop over the the OZ forum and try - then again, probably not!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.