Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hoping for a move to NZ

Hoping for a move to NZ

Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Hoping for a move to NZ

Hi, i am Tina and new to the site. My hubby and I are both Police officers and we have two boys, 8 & 5yrs
My hubby has just been told that in January 2012 he is being forced to retire after 30yrs in the force, he is only 48yrs old I have 20yrs police service.
Several friends emigrated 5yrs ago and having visited NZ and with the forced retirement we discussed and decided that a move to NZ is right for our family
Full of enthusiasm we looked at the points system, to our horror we qualified for only 40 points with hubby as main applicant and 55 points with me as the applicant (i am slightly younger), we both joined the force straight from school
We understand that the only way for us to be considered is for one of us to be offered a job
So we are busy emailing and looking at jobs that will hopefully employ us later this year
We will keep you updated but any advice will be gratefully received
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

ajelliott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hoping for a move to NZ

Don't know what qualifications you have but if you both do a HND or equivalent (2 year course) this will give the the primary applicant qualification points and also earn an additional 20 bonus points for the spouse. Worth a try??
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping for a move to NZ

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Hi, i am Tina and new to the site. My hubby and I are both Police officers and we have two boys, 8 & 5yrs
My hubby has just been told that in January 2012 he is being forced to retire after 30yrs in the force, he is only 48yrs old I have 20yrs police service.
Several friends emigrated 5yrs ago and having visited NZ and with the forced retirement we discussed and decided that a move to NZ is right for our family
Full of enthusiasm we looked at the points system, to our horror we qualified for only 40 points with hubby as main applicant and 55 points with me as the applicant (i am slightly younger), we both joined the force straight from school
We understand that the only way for us to be considered is for one of us to be offered a job
So we are busy emailing and looking at jobs that will hopefully employ us later this year
We will keep you updated but any advice will be gratefully received
Howdy

Welcome to the forum, best and easiest place to start is

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

this will give you an idea at header lever whether or not to apply for EOI