Reload this Page >

Hoping to Move NZ 2015

Hoping to Move NZ 2015

Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Tweedie515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hoping to Move NZ 2015

Hello Everyone,

We are hoping to move to NZ in 2015 when I have qualified as an Osteopath. I am not too worried about finding a job for myself as Osteopath is on the long term skill shortage list and conversations with the governing Osteopathic council in NZ have looked promising. I will be the principal applicant. My husband is an HGV driver, also a qualified carpenter and experienced builder. He has a criminal record from over 10 years ago but has not had a sentence longer than 3 years. Does anybody know how this will effect our chances of residency? Will be just be turned down outright. We have been getting ourselves so excited and have just put off finding out as we would be so disappointed if we could not make the move with our 2 young daughters, but we need to know. I have checked out immigration websites and I think he would be ok but we are just not sure. Would we have to put in our EOI to be sure? If we could go, what are his chances of finding employment? He will be 50 when we go & I will be 35. We have friends in Wellington and they report how lovely it is, I'm not sure if like the idea of the wind though! Any thoughts or comments on anything in this thread would be gratefully received.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to Move NZ 2015

Put his criminal record in the EOI when you apply, if you dont they will find out as they have an agreement with the relevant authorities which check right back so nothing can be hidden, regardless of how old it is.

If he has kept his nose clean, so to speak, you will just probably be required to get a character reference, which shouldnt be too hard.

With regard to employment, most people go by experience and personality and are normally not too bothered about someones past if it doesnt affect the present/future.

The only thing with the LTSS list is they do revise it twice a year, and last year they took off some of the early learning teaching requirements which caught a lot of people out who were still studying and who hoped to go once qualified - so although I hope that Osteopath will still be on the list in 2015 it is not a certainty.

Good luck - Wellington is a lovely area.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Tweedie515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hoping to Move NZ 2015

Thenk you for the reply I think he will be ok. I'm so excited, it's all I can think about..... I should be studying instead, we're not going to get there without it. Time is flying by..enjoy your journey.