British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hooray! we've been picked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hooray-weve-been-picked-383247/)

Spacecake799 Jul 5th 2006 12:36 pm

Hooray! we've been picked

Just looked at immigration site to see what was new. I can't believe it we've been picked out today. I'm so excited! We were going anyway but this means we can do it properly. I know everyone asks this but what happens now?
Cheery well dones to anyone else who's as happy as we are today for getting picked. :)

kt0157 Jul 5th 2006 12:40 pm

Re: Hooray! we've been picked

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Just looked at immigration site to see what was new. I can't believe it we've been picked out today. I'm so excited! We were going anyway but this means we can do it properly. I know everyone asks this but what happens now?
Cheery well dones to anyone else who's as happy as we are today for getting picked. :)

Congrats on step 1. Step 2 is to be invited to apply. Anyone know the average pick-to-invite time?

K.

dreamfish Jul 10th 2006 11:53 am

Hi there

We applied 10th May, EOI was selected on the 29th may and we received our ITA 7th july.

think its quicker if you have a job offer!

i reckon mine got selected sooner cos I had emailed the EOI team to advise them of my fathers death and request the EOI was amended accordingly. 3 days later, we had an ITA! Could just be coincedence.

Well done ! kate.

nickcharliepark Jul 10th 2006 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Hi there

We applied 10th May, EOI was selected on the 29th may and we received our ITA 7th july.

think its quicker if you have a job offer!

i reckon mine got selected sooner cos I had emailed the EOI team to advise them of my fathers death and request the EOI was amended accordingly. 3 days later, we had an ITA! Could just be coincedence.

Well done ! kate.

Hiya

CONGRATULATIONS

immigration will spend sometime verifying a few details from your EOI, if you have a job offer this is prioritised and should take about 10 days, without 4 weeks. You will then receive your ITA pack special delivery with instructions on what to do next. Have a look at my time line.

Hope this helps. Immigration site is a puzzle but current times etc are on there for all there processes.

Nick

Sophie_Wellington Jul 10th 2006 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Spacecake799

Congrats Spacecake!!

Basically the sooner you can get your application in the better. The thing that held ours up was waiting for the stupid Police Certs - I would apply for them right away - get a form from your local police station to apply for your records. Also, I would start ASAP to pull together letters from your ex-employers stating dates of employment, position held, whether it was full time and a brief description of your role. I would also look for somewhere to get your medical done ASAP. I think there's a list of people who can do it on the NZIS website, or at least an indication of who 's allowed to do the med report. I would also get some certified copies of everything - your qualifications, birth certs, passports etc. You also need numerous passport photos to accompany your application. If you can start on this now, you can get your application in as soon as possible and speed the process up. I think we waited 3 months after we submitted to get a case officer, and it was dealt with pretty swiftly from there. If you need to prove your de facto partnership, start working on your statements, ask for letters from family & friends in support of your relationship and saying how they know each of you.
Finally, make sure you do a copy of everything in your application (a complete carbon copy of everything, including supporting documents), as this saves the case officer time and speeds things up.

Once you've submitted, if they come back to you with any questions, respond ASAP. Re the interview, it's not rocket science - there's a list of questions somewhere on this website that they ask, pretty standard usually. They did ours on the phone. From there you should hear back quite quickly in my experience.

Hope this helps :)

dreamfish Jul 10th 2006 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sophie_Wellington
If you need to prove your de facto partnership, start working on your statements, ask for letters from family & friends in support of your relationship and saying how they know each of you.

really? :scared:

Sophie_Wellington Jul 11th 2006 11:19 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish
really? :scared:

lol. If you have a marriage certificate, and can prove you have been living together (by joint bills etc) then you wont need to do this. However, if you're not married, get a statement from one or two of each of your friends / family stating how long they've known you, that they know you to be a couple etc etc.

Just another thing I've remembered - we sent off numerous bills with our application (as we were renting didn't own our house together) and they wanted them for EVERY month. Again, I don't think you will need this if you can prove you've been living together by other means (e.g. a mortgage together for the same house), but if you're renting, you will need a statement for each month for both of you - official statements of any kind will be accepted (in single names for both of you or joint names) - bank statements, utility / council tax bills, a letter from your landlord confirming you've been together. It all prevents them having to come back to you for any information.

If you have any questions about your specific 'deFacto partnership' situation, please PM me and I'll do my best to help.

dreamfish Jul 11th 2006 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sophie_Wellington
lol. If you have a marriage certificate, and can prove you have been living together (by joint bills etc) then you wont need to do this. However, if you're not married, get a statement from one or two of each of your friends / family stating how long they've known you, that they know you to be a couple etc etc.

Just another thing I've remembered - we sent off numerous bills with our application (as we were renting didn't own our house together) and they wanted them for EVERY month. Again, I don't think you will need this if you can prove you've been living together by other means (e.g. a mortgage together for the same house), but if you're renting, you will need a statement for each month for both of you - official statements of any kind will be accepted (in single names for both of you or joint names) - bank statements, utility / council tax bills, a letter from your landlord confirming you've been together. It all prevents them having to come back to you for any information.

If you have any questions about your specific 'deFacto partnership' situation, please PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Blimey LOL. many thanks. I think we should be ok. We have been together since 2001. We bought a house in 2002 and joint names on mortgage. All the bills are in my name, but with statements from our previous employers (who knew we dated), neighbours, couple friends and his family (my family are not worth it) i think we should be ok. We did rent for the first year and i will contact the rental agency who has our original contract with both signatures. We may have a couple photos.. iwill have to have a look. We have two children together - but in this day and age that doesnt mean anything does it? LMAO lol.... :D