Hoo-bloody-ray

Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:16 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Hoo-bloody-ray

I haven't been on expats for yonks because I got fed up with all the anti-nz brigade hijacking every thread to do with this lovely land - but I visit by mistake this evening and there is a forum all NZ's own, I discover!

So I shall become a regular visitor again - oh no those who know me say - looking forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:00 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoo-bloody-ray

Originally Posted by Pollster
I haven't been on expats for yonks because I got fed up with all the anti-nz brigade hijacking every thread to do with this lovely land - but I visit by mistake this evening and there is a forum all NZ's own, I discover!

So I shall become a regular visitor again - oh no those who know me say - looking forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones.
Well welcome back Pollster! It's pretty good here now and the more the merrier!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 3:27 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Ey-up. How's the arm?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Poll,
Hows things? Some of us do wander in here from the Aussie bit occasionally!!
Good to see your name again
Luv
The Other Poll!!!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:52 am
Kiwified member

Well, thank you kind sirs and madams for the welcome.

The arm is fully healed, thank you Don, but I have sworn off netball for life.

Since I last posted I have had a baby (Paige Elizabeth, born 5 weeks ago by emergency c-section after a 56 hour labour - ouch) and bought a knackered old villa with four acres so we can spend precious time and money restoring the house and playing at being farmers.

Still living the New Zealand dream over a year on and no plans to leave Taranaki.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:39 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Since I last posted I have had a baby (Paige Elizabeth, born 5 weeks ago by emergency c-section after a 56 hour labour - ouch) and bought a knackered old villa with four acres so we can spend precious time and money restoring the house and playing at being farmers.

Still living the New Zealand dream over a year on and no plans to leave Taranaki.
Congratulations on the baby

We had a baby girl too four months ago nearly, she is very smiley and happy.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:25 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new baby & must say what a lovely name you have given her. My gosh how did you survive a 56 hour labour??? My first one was 39 1/2 hours & I thought it was going to kill me at the time but needless to say I survived it & went on to have two more after that.
Sounds like things are moving along nicely for you in NZ. Buying an old villa sounds wonderful. Good luck with the rennovations & hope the farming goes well too

Cheers
shepslady
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Piccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nicePiccolo is just really nice

Originally Posted by shepslady
Congrats on the new baby & must say what a lovely name you have given her. My gosh how did you survive a 56 hour labour??? My first one was 39 1/2 hours & I thought it was going to kill me at the time but needless to say I survived it & went on to have two more after that.
Sounds like things are moving along nicely for you in NZ. Buying an old villa sounds wonderful. Good luck with the rennovations & hope the farming goes well too

Cheers
shepslady
Surely you should have had op after 24 hours labour. After 24 hours woman is exhausted, baby in distress - help should be given.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:33 am
Kiwified member

I wish I had had the op after 24 hours!! - No, it was all very stop start as Paige never engaged and was posterior for most of the time - she was never in distress either - her heart rate rose slightly just before the decision to c-section was made but other factors prompted the decision.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:34 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piccolo
Surely you should have had op after 24 hours labour. After 24 hours woman is exhausted, baby in distress - help should be given.
Hey we are talking 30 years ago with me & Im not so sure they were so keen to do C-sections back then if it could be avoided. Yes it ws exhausting but no problems to baby so I guess at my young age they thought I had the stamina to continue. Guess Im just one of those lucky ones who get the long labour, 2nd one was in labour for 19 hours (heaps better) & for the third one only about 12 1/2 hours. Now that when I look back on it all I am glad all my children were born natural (no epidurals or drugs for this lady) & turned out to be fit & healthy.