An honest question

Old Dec 23rd 2016, 6:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: An honest question

HHHmmmm.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wez130
The only thing i'm not looking forward to over there is the lack of decent mens fashion shops, but this may be a good thing, as i'm a self confessed label basher, i have a big fondness of Emporio Armani and Hugo Boss, i guess i can always purchase online.
If you're in auckland you'll be ok, plenty of labels around
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

I didn't notice many last year. Only proper clothes shop i went in was Hallensteins i think
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Wez, try Barkers on High St in the city. And for high end Euro labels like Armani, Giovanni, Digel etc, try Eurostyle in Newmarket.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 5:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
The exchange rate means next to nothing when trying to figure out the cost of living difference. How much $$$$ a GBP buys only matters when/ if (a) you initially move over with a lump sum, and (b) you continue to get an income from the UK or pay off a loan, etc.

I can't get over how people keep referring to the exchange rate when thinking about the cost of living. Do you intend to earn in GBP? If not, it is virtually meaningless. ....
This is absolutely correct. The relevant questions are (i) how much do/can you earn in each country, and (ii) how much do the products and services you buy, cost?

You should also consider the area in each country that you are moving from and to - if you compare Shrewsbury to Auckland you will get a very different relative affordability result than if you compare London to Invercargill.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 23rd 2016 at 5:44 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wez130
The only thing i'm not looking forward to over there is the lack of decent mens fashion shops, but this may be a good thing, as i'm a self confessed label basher, i have a big fondness of Emporio Armani and Hugo Boss, i guess i can always purchase online.
I too was a designer o'holic.
Always had to have a new Armani or whatever shirt etc every time I went out and all that jazz. That started slowing down when kids arrived but coming here has put a stop to all that extravagant waste of money.
For one, the social scene is completely different unless you live in the CBD, although any more than a once a month tame night out will kill the bank balance when youre paying $11-$16 a drink!!!

Same deal with cars. Just don't feel I have to keep up with the Jones's at all here as no one gives a blind **** what you wear or what you drive.
A kiwi would instead laugh at how much money you've just wasted. Money that could have been used to buy another chainsaw or an in ground pool or a deck with built in bbq.
All that designer crap is wasted here.

I don't shop in any designer stores anymore.
Used to wear designer suits and shirt/tie/pants to work that cost me £100's but here, even though I work for a National company it's all very casual. We get Shirts, Polo shirts and merino tops with company logo every year and the rest is smart jeans & sneakers!
All my suits are hanging up in the wardrobe unworn for 5 years.
Wouldn't pay more than $30 for a t shirt or shorts nowadays, maybe no more than $50 for jeans / trainers. There's always deals to be had on 1 day or Grabone etc.
Rather save it all for the house and kids now.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

I agree with you escapedtonz, i'm not expecting to keep up my lifestyle over in NZ, i'd rather waste my money on home improvements, i'd love to build a pool etc, and ironically, it'll be easiler for us to buy a property over there in NZ than it is here in UK, plus, maybe we'll get ther weather to enjoy the outside lifestyle