Homesickness

Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Homesickness

Originally Posted by MnB
Hey Irish Eyes....hear what you're saying and as you may remember I followed your 'story' and tried to support you throughout your 'down' time, what you've done is amazing and if its right for you then 'sweet as!'

I appreciate your support and advice but I know that at this moment in time my 'home' is in the UK...where I left my heart! I'm not saying NZ is not for me ever....I love it here, but I know that for me at this time the UK is where I belong......blimey! hope that makes sense!!??

I so understand what OP mean when they say they felt they 'don't belong' here, I used the same words to my OH when I was trying to explain how I felt, I also said I felt incomplete ....and like I've also said before 'I know I'm lucky......& I'll be back!!'

B x
Hey MnB, I honestly do my best to support everyone on this site and I totally understand that its not for everyone here - as you will know, I once said that I didnt feel like i belonged here but i was wrong. So am I reading it right that your heading back to the UK?

Best of luck to those of you heading back to your preferred destinations.....
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:42 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
Hey MnB, I honestly do my best to support everyone on this site and I totally understand that its not for everyone here - as you will know, I once said that I didnt feel like i belonged here but i was wrong. So am I reading it right that your heading back to the UK?

Best of luck to those of you heading back to your preferred destinations.....

Yes, we fly from Auckland 15th May, arriving UK 24th May.....having a consolation holiday on Cook Islands on way back Just kicking our heels here now, enjoying the beautiful autumn weather and trying to sell our car. Really excited about going home but already planning our next NZ trip for next year when we'll bring our 2 'grown up' children out for a holiday.

Hope your mam arrives safe & sound soon and has a wonderful holiday with you.
B x
Old Apr 26th 2010, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Hazey will become famous soon enoughHazey will become famous soon enough

MnB, I wish you a safe trip home, take care and all the best Say hi to the Uk from me
Old Apr 26th 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Hazey will become famous soon enoughHazey will become famous soon enough

Went to a party this weekend (fancy dress) although I was having fun I couldn't help but miss my old friends and family at home in the UK (the folk that really know me) That's when I feel a sense of not belonging, such a weird feeling. Its hard when you try to make an effort and you know deep down inside its not working
Old Apr 26th 2010, 2:52 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazey
Went to a party this weekend (fancy dress) although I was having fun I couldn't help but miss my old friends and family at home in the UK (the folk that really know me) That's when I feel a sense of not belonging, such a weird feeling. Its hard when you try to make an effort and you know deep down inside its not working
Thanks for good wishes. Will def say 'hi' to UK for you, hope you resolve your home sickness soon....you're right it is a weird feeling, almost like you'll always be a 'visitor'.
This week end had some lovely phone chats with 'old' UK friends who are just as excited as I am that we're going back, sister in law could only say we'd scuppered her retirement plans
Keep smiling, keep having fun and know you're not alone
B x
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB

Yes, we fly from Auckland 15th May, arriving UK 24th May.....having a consolation holiday on Cook Islands on way back Just kicking our heels here now, enjoying the beautiful autumn weather and trying to sell our car. Really excited about going home but already planning our next NZ trip for next year when we'll bring our 2 'grown up' children out for a holiday.

Hope your mam arrives safe & sound soon and has a wonderful holiday with you.
B x
Wow, thats great!! I bet your feeling way more in tune with life now that you've made your choice!!! Safe travels!