Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

homesick struggling to meet friends :-(

homesick struggling to meet friends :-(

Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:37 am
Just Joined

jacquena123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default homesick struggling to meet friends :-(

hi everyone so we arrived on the 5th of december and we are now living in howick which is lovely and good school for the kids, but i am soooo homesick right now and the problem is my friends i have left behind i misd our social life we had at weekends having a few beers and wine and a good old natter cant beat it! and yet havent meet anyone like that and similar to us, i am nearly 30 and my other half is 32 we have two boys aged 5 and 7, there loving it here and i know i will once i make some friends and i no i havent been here that long but needing them now haha, anyone else feeling like this? xx
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:21 am
Just Joined

bluespidermonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: homesick struggling to meet friends :-(

yep me!!!!!

I live in Western springs - 35, no children, kiwi partner and dog.
His friends are nice, but I miss mine - my job is not one where I can socialize easily ( I manage them all).

Get in touch if you want to meet up.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:43 am
Just Joined

yep i understand and i am a mobile hairdresser and not working at the mo as i need to build up clients again so am fed up aswell lol, how long you been here? how far are you from me? do you have a facebook page? x
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:52 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

It can take a while to make new friends. You've only been here three months, it took my partner and I about one year to really feel like we've made a good bunch of friends. Try www.meetup.com for stuff going on in your area. I found joining a running group helped heaps with making friends. My partner has just joined a football team too, which has really helped him.

Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Come and join me and bluespidermonkey on the morning of the 5th of April.

Not sure how young your kids are but I'll be bringing my 3 year old!!

If you're interested will DM your more info ...
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:25 am
Just Joined

my kids are 5 and 7 so at school in the week, yes please message me tho with info that would be great x
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there jacquena123 and welcome to our wee NZ forum.

We're a right mixed bunch but are happy to help anyone who happens by.

I see TommyLuck & bluespidermonkey have hooked up with you .

Give yourself time. The first few months can be a bit bewildering and lonesome but you'll blink one day and find you have made your new life and have some good pals along the way.

Howzit with the other Mums at the school your kids go to. I realise that can be a bit slow to start with but maybe once you go to a few of the out of school activities or fundraisers you'll start to connect.

Anyway, lovely to see you here with us motely lot. Stick around and keep that TommyLuck in order.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Have a look at the East Auckland Grapevine on Facebook - a great place to find out about local groups etc and kiddie stuff and great for any questions you may have for the area.

We live in Cockle Bay/Howick - older kids though - youngest nearly 18 - wow, she was 12 when we moved here.

Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm free for a cuppa if you want a meet up
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:20 am
Just Joined

hi yes defantly if you message me and let me know when your free thats grrat x
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Just messaged
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Stick around and keep that TommyLuck in order.
Oi!!
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

lol, yes tommyluck will let u know about the 5th of april were was you meeting?
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jacquena123
lol, yes tommyluck will let u know about the 5th of april were was you meeting?
Have sent you a PM.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

thankyou i have replyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.