British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Homesick...just bit me (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/homesick-just-bit-me-619655/)

pricklykina Jul 15th 2009 2:51 am

Re: Homesick...just bit me

Sarah B...so sad about you best friend...so true about appreciating what you have when you have it

30stm...yes I do mean wanganui...I told her that she should be yr friend as you're homesick!

This bout just took me by surprise.
I think that there is dissatisfaction with other area of my life, certainly my relationship being one of them but as I'm one of those marriage is for life types there's definitely some grinning and bearing going on :D

I have decided to go home for a hol in 2011...so the thought of that will keep me sane

love30stm Jul 15th 2009 3:14 am

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 7753346)
Sarah B...so sad about you best friend...so true about appreciating what you have when you have it

30stm...yes I do mean wanganui...I told her that she should be yr friend as you're homesick!

This bout just took me by surprise.
I think that there is dissatisfaction with other area of my life, certainly my relationship being one of them but as I'm one of those marriage is for life types there's definitely some grinning and bearing going on :D

I have decided to go home for a hol in 2011...so the thought of that will keep me sane

aww thanks, but I have not made any friends apart from one English one since being here in 2007. My friend who lives in Napier has a wide circle of friends so i am envious, at least i can get with them from time to time, but I miss going out for girls night out or a chat over a wine or that, also I have just been back from England for a holiday and was busy busy busy seeing all my friends and family now I am bored shitless :(

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 15th 2009 3:41 am

Pricklykina, Love30stm & SarahB - thinking of you all & wishing you well.

Sarah, I'm so very sorry to hear about your BF's death, that is so very sad & tough for you. Hugs my love.

PK, Glad you've got a plan for the future. Marriage is certainly hard work at times;), I hope things get better soon. Good for you for sticking with it. I've not been homesick for a good while but then I've only been here for 2 & 1/2 years. So who knows if it will strike again.

Love30stm, I guess the trip back to the UK has brought things into sharp focus (wonder if I'll be the same in a couple of months time). Although I have lots of great friends, I still don't have a friend who I can drop by unannounced or vice versa, where they know were the tea/coffee/biscuits are & help themselves. I miss that.

Sometimes life is just sh1t;)

SarahB Jul 15th 2009 6:33 am

Thanks for the kind thoughts.... I was on such a downer yesterday, Ive had the worst cold/virus thing for weeks now and yesterday everything was getting on top of me.... school holidays and all of us being sick for the last 2 weeks!! :eek:

I miss her so much.... its been nearly 3 months since shes died and we never went long without having a good old chat.... she kept my horse for me in England when we emigrated here, theres nobody else I wouldve trusted with my precious horse. She was diagnosed with breast cancer just before we emigrated and she fought it but over the last 4 years it spread into different places and this year got into her brain, she died with over 20 brain tumours and possibly anything up to 50 so the Docs said.

Most of the time I'm getting on OK but this week I'm feeling sorry for myself and missing her more than ever. I guess you dont meet that many people in your life that are true friends, I mean she wouldve died for me, thats how much I trusted her.... ands thats the kind of person she was.

I do feel I was very lucky to have met her and feel privileged to have had her in my life for 20 years. :) She died just 2 weeks before her 50th birthday.

Got that off my chest and love writing about how special she was..... sorry for the doom and gloom, I just miss her and its very hard.

love30stm Jul 15th 2009 9:35 am

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 7753710)
Thanks for the kind thoughts.... I was on such a downer yesterday, Ive had the worst cold/virus thing for weeks now and yesterday everything was getting on top of me.... school holidays and all of us being sick for the last 2 weeks!! :eek:

I miss her so much.... its been nearly 3 months since shes died and we never went long without having a good old chat.... she kept my horse for me in England when we emigrated here, theres nobody else I wouldve trusted with my precious horse. She was diagnosed with breast cancer just before we emigrated and she fought it but over the last 4 years it spread into different places and this year got into her brain, she died with over 20 brain tumours and possibly anything up to 50 so the Docs said.

Most of the time I'm getting on OK but this week I'm feeling sorry for myself and missing her more than ever. I guess you dont meet that many people in your life that are true friends, I mean she wouldve died for me, thats how much I trusted her.... ands thats the kind of person she was.

I do feel I was very lucky to have met her and feel privileged to have had her in my life for 20 years. :) She died just 2 weeks before her 50th birthday.

Got that off my chest and love writing about how special she was..... sorry for the doom and gloom, I just miss her and its very hard.

So sorry love :( and hugs from me xxxx

Am Loolah Jul 15th 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 7754104)
So sorry love :( and hugs from me xxxx

Me too Sarah.:wub:

j19fmm Jul 15th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7754114)
Me too Sarah.:wub:

More hugs xx