Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

homesick/bored/lonely

homesick/bored/lonely

Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Re: homesick/bored/lonely

Hi, it was lovely to meet with you guys today, really hope we can all do it again soon
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future

Yes,it was lovely to meet everyone.Will definately have to do it again.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:35 am
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Likewise let me know when next one is , btw made it to school in plenty of time and without breaking the speed limit !
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyRuth
Likewise let me know when next one is , btw made it to school in plenty of time and without breaking the speed limit !
Which is no mean feat from Cambridge/Hamilton to Nantwich ...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:24 am
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Which is no mean feat from Cambridge/Hamilton to Nantwich ...
is that a not so subtle hint to update my location
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:37 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyRuth
is that a not so subtle hint to update my location
About as subtle as a brick!!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:56 am
AndyRuth

Hint taken and acted upon
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:24 am
Just Joined

chrissie-g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jenham and all. I too have recently arrived in Hamilton ( beginning of April)and I have a little boy who is 3 and a half and a little girl nearly two. The same as everyone I love NZ and the kiwis are really friendly but I do miss my network back at home and it would be lovely to meet some friends who understand the ups and downs of moving to a new country. Some days are just fantastic and others the homesickness just kicks in. If anyone fancies a catch up please just shout. I am living in Rototuna at the moment. Talk soon Christina
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Smile Re: homesick/bored/lonely

Can I say reading posts like this restores my faith in humanity and that there are still kind people out there. Also gives me some reassurance about making the move with kids.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrissie-g
Hi Jenham and all. I too have recently arrived in Hamilton ( beginning of April)and I have a little boy who is 3 and a half and a little girl nearly two. The same as everyone I love NZ and the kiwis are really friendly but I do miss my network back at home and it would be lovely to meet some friends who understand the ups and downs of moving to a new country. Some days are just fantastic and others the homesickness just kicks in. If anyone fancies a catch up please just shout. I am living in Rototuna at the moment. Talk soon Christina
Hey Christina I'm in Rototuna too. My daughter has just turned 2, and we'v been here for 2 yrs (well, in a couple of weeks we will have been). PM me i'd be happy to chat & meet up

Sarah.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Can I say reading posts like this restores my faith in humanity and that there are still kind people out there. Also gives me some reassurance about making the move with kids.

Yes its does seem daunting but there always seem to be others around who have done it and are more than willing to help.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keeny
Hey Christina I'm in Rototuna too. My daughter has just turned 2, and we'v been here for 2 yrs (well, in a couple of weeks we will have been). PM me i'd be happy to chat & meet up

Sarah.
Thanks Keeny will PM you now I'm getting the hang of all this messaging.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

samkate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jennie

I also live in Hamilton, just moved here 3 months ago with my hubby and son (toddler). I went from full time great job at home to full time housewife so i spend alot of time in the house as i dont know anyone. Went to a toddler group a few times but found it too strained and a bit stressful for some reason. Would like to get to know other British or Irish expats here in Hamilton to relieve the boredom!

Old Aug 10th 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: homesick/bored/lonely

Hi Sam,

Going from full time job to stay at home Mum is tough without relocating! Send me a text 021-021-000-11 and lets have a coffee. I'm in Rototuna. My little boy is at Kindy Monday morning so will just have my little girl so easier to talk so please come round. I'm sure you want be bored for long...Summer's coming!

Chrissie
x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 11:05 am
Just Joined

samkate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrissie-g
Hi Sam,

Going from full time job to stay at home Mum is tough without relocating! Send me a text 021-021-000-11 and lets have a coffee. I'm in Rototuna. My little boy is at Kindy Monday morning so will just have my little girl so easier to talk so please come round. I'm sure you want be bored for long...Summer's coming!

Chrissie
x
Thanks Chrissie, I'll text you to arrange a day/time that suits you, a coffee would be great!

Sam