Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Holiday on the way?????

Holiday on the way?????

Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

qssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really niceqssue is just really nice
Default Holiday on the way?????

can I have suggestions please for a holiday destination on the way over. There will be me and Mr QSSUE and the 2 kiddies, 4 and 7, want to relax on a total budget of £6k incl flights etc. for 2 weeks?????
Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday on the way?????

I'd recommend Abu Dhabi or Dubai if you are flying that route. Fantastic place for a holiday. So hot all year round and really is pimping!!!

Also, if you want a city experience Sydney is ace although expensive. Loads to do and great to have the pictures of the family around the harbour.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:26 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Bangkok
Singapore
Los Angeles
Kuala Lumpur
Sydney has already been mentioned
All the above would be good, can't think of any other possible stops that I have been to. Not sure if all of them have enough for a two week stay though, not without travelling further afield.

Last time we visited the UK, flights on Emirates were the cheapest, travelling via Dubai and Sydney. What about stopovers in both
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:23 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Asia gets my vote. Its beautiful, cheap (ish), cultural and has amazing beaches. Lots of very cheap regional airlines to get around.

Safe bets include Koh Samui, Phuket in Thailand. Langkawi or Tioman in Malaysia (easy to get to from Singapore). Lots of great resorts to choose from.

Thailand has plenty of paradise islands a little off the beaten track, if you want to have a bit of little adventure. Koh Lanta, Phi Phi or Phangnan are good bets.

Kids will love it, we travelled around the Philippines when our girls were 2 and 4.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Singapore is a great stop-over. You could stay at Sentosa which is a family friendly place. Easy to get around & plenty of bits and bobs for the kids whilst you relax
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at Sentosa Island Resort & Spa back in 2009 on our way back from Blighty. It was a great place & I would definitely go back there.

Friends of ours stopped off in Fiji for a week when they emigrated here with their twin boys.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

You don't mention what time of year this will be ... ?

The OH and I are in the 7th week of an 8 week holiday with our two year old en route to NZ, and my, it's flown by!!

The obvious would be SE Asia for getting bang for your buck.

Personally I would avoid Dubai or other UAE states as this leaves you with the longest journey on to NZ afterwards.

Given the family nature of what you're looking for I would like to suggest Southern California, if your travel is going to be April thru October (decent weather). Once you get out south of LA it's a lovely place and San Diego has loads to do with the kids, the Zoo, the Safari Park and Sea World are highlights.

A stay in the relaxed town of Oceanside is also recommended for R and R.

You could also do Universal Studios, Disney and Knotts Berry Farm in an around LA.

I recommend this as we did this lasts month on the 3rd week of our journey. A destination more than suitable for a 4 and 7 year old. You can get a deal which covers all 3 in San Diego (Zoo, Safari and Sea World) for as many visit as you can make in a 7 day period, a 3 in 1 pass. Extremely good value.

If you like eating out San Diego has also got some awesome restaurants.

Also, renting cars in the US are cheap as well as is the fuel. I rented a Chrysler Town and Country (a 7 seater) which cost me £25 a day for a week (inc. Airport levy) and then only cost me 13p a mile in fuel.

Last edited by TommyLuck; Jun 19th 2013 at 1:34 pm.