British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Holiday Visa for Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/holiday-visa-australia-861604/)

RobDon Jul 11th 2015 8:05 am

Holiday Visa for Australia

Hi there,
Does anyone know if a United Kingdom passport holder living permanently in NZ needs a visa to holiday in Australia?

moonie2011 Jul 11th 2015 8:22 am

Re: Holiday Visa for Australia

Yes everyone does apparantly, it's free, just a pain applying

Daisy616 Jul 11th 2015 10:56 am

eVisitor (subclass 651)

A travel agent or airline office can do it for you, it's free but they may charge you a service fee.

LauraNotts Jul 11th 2015 11:39 am

Yup you do. *grumble grumble*

Clappy Jul 12th 2015 6:21 am

Yes they do.

I have used the e visitor a couple of times - apply online and get confirmation by email within a few hours. They do make it easy enough, at least if you are a straight-forward case.

I have no complaints. It is the only country that I have ever visited that I needed to get a visa in advance to arrive in but I won't dwell on that.

RobDon Jul 12th 2015 8:09 am

Thanks for your help guys. :)

moonie2011 Jul 12th 2015 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Clappy (Post 11697472)

I have no complaints. It is the only country that I have ever visited that I needed to get a visa in advance to arrive in but I won't dwell on that.

We had to get visitor visas for Florida as well

nikkijane88 Jul 13th 2015 12:19 am

Least you don't have to send your passport for it

Pollyana Jul 13th 2015 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Clappy (Post 11697472)
Yes they do.

I have used the e visitor a couple of times - apply online and get confirmation by email within a few hours. They do make it easy enough, at least if you are a straight-forward case.

There are others. The US for instance either requires a visa or ESTA before travel.
If you become a New Zealand citizen then use the NZ passport and you get a visa on arrival in Aus.

And I agree with doing the evisitor for Aus online yourself, its so easy you don't need a travel agent involved!

AceofSpades Jul 15th 2015 1:28 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 11697000)
Hi there,
Does anyone know if a United Kingdom passport holder living permanently in NZ needs a visa to holiday in Australia?

Yes you do. Be careful though, you may not want to go back ;)