British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Holiday/Short-Term Accommodation N/S Islands (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/holiday-short-term-accommodation-n-s-islands-432578/)

Pearly_Spencer Mar 6th 2007 4:33 am

Holiday/Short-Term Accommodation N/S Islands

Coming down from Canada late-March to late-April and planning on seeing as much as I can manage in the allotted time both North and South. Sentimental/nostalgic trip - lived in NZ in the Seventies. Bit too 'long in the tooth' for camping/youth hostelling/backpacking. Looking for budget accommodation to fit this itinerary:- Paihia-Auckland-Paraparaumu-Wellington-Nelson-Greymouth-C'Chch-Hanmer-
Picton-W'Ton-Napier-Taupo-Rotorua-Tauranga-Auckland (already managed to find something in the Coromandel). Travelling with platonic travelling companion so need accommodation accordingly.

Anybody got any ideas/suggestions (clean, please!):D

For example, anybody got anything (or know of anything) to rent anywhere along (or near) the above route? Planning on 1 night in the smaller centres, 2 nights in W'Ton/C'chch and longer in Auckland.

karonious Mar 6th 2007 9:32 am

Re: Holiday/Short-Term Accommodation N/S Islands

Originally Posted by Pearly_Spencer (Post 4487296)
Coming down from Canada late-March to late-April and planning on seeing as much as I can manage in the allotted time both North and South. Sentimental/nostalgic trip - lived in NZ in the Seventies. Bit too 'long in the tooth' for camping/youth hostelling/backpacking. Looking for budget accommodation to fit this itinerary:- Paihia-Auckland-Paraparaumu-Wellington-Nelson-Greymouth-C'Chch-Hanmer-
Picton-W'Ton-Napier-Taupo-Rotorua-Tauranga-Auckland (already managed to find something in the Coromandel). Travelling with platonic travelling companion so need accommodation accordingly.

For example, anybody got anything (or know of anything) to rent anywhere along (or near) the above route? Planning on 1 night in the smaller centres, 2 nights in W'Ton/C'chch and longer in Auckland.

Hi there,
try www.jasons.com for motels and www.aatravel.co.nz for accomodation in NZ.
Sorry, can't be more specific but there ought to be something in one of those that will help :thumbup:

Pearly_Spencer Mar 6th 2007 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4487874)
Hi there,
try www.jasons.com for motels and www.aatravel.co.nz for accomodation in NZ.
Sorry, can't be more specific but there ought to be something in one of those that will help :thumbup:

Many thanks, I'll try these right now.

Maz Mar 6th 2007 7:07 pm

Hiya! We're going through www.rentabach.co.nz for our Kapiti Coast beachhouse rental. :) Adn we're staying in Central City Apartments in central Wellington.

Pearly_Spencer Mar 6th 2007 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4489840)
Hiya! We're going through www.rentabach.co.nz for our Kapiti Coast beachhouse rental. :) Adn we're staying in Central City Apartments in central Wellington.

Thanks Maz, I'll take a look at these!!

Maz Mar 6th 2007 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Pearly_Spencer (Post 4489941)
Thanks Maz, I'll take a look at these!!

No worries mate! :D

P2L Mar 6th 2007 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pearly_Spencer (Post 4487296)

www.tourism.net.nz

This covers all ranges of accomodation

HTH:thumbup:

Pearly_Spencer Mar 6th 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4490419)
www.tourism.net.nz

This covers all ranges of accomodation

HTH:thumbup:

Thanks Kev/Sarah